Attempt at Sloe Gin - Joe Bonamassa

Yeah, I never ask anyone for patches on here, but damn I'd love to get my hands on that lead tone to see what you did to dial it in.

Really well done.

That was played super well and the tone was excellent. I *love* that wah sound with the stutter effect around 1:47 -- stellar.

As a tangent: am I the only one who thinks this song sounds a helluva lot like Fields of Joy by Lenny Kravitz? At least that intro organ riff. See: Lenny Kravitz featuring Slash - Fields Of Joy - YouTube

It's taken three years to get a reply but yes, I was only listening to Sloe Gin today and when it opened I thought it was going to be Fields of Joy. I dug out Fields of Joy by The New York Rock and Roll Ensemble from 1971 - haven't listened to it in years - and all I can say is I hope Joe paid the royalties! That riff continues right through both songs.

As an aside, the credits are: Hal Fredricks and Michael Kamen. I assume Lenny Kravitz was a cover.

It's taken three years to get a reply but yes, I was only listening to Sloe Gin today and when it opened I thought it was going to be Fields of Joy. I dug out Fields of Joy by The New York Rock and Roll Ensemble from 1971 - haven't listened to it in years - and all I can say is I hope Joe paid the royalties! That riff continues right through both songs.

As an aside, the credits are: Hal Fredricks and Michael Kamen. I assume Lenny Kravitz was a cover.

Yup. I had no idea that was a cover when Lenny did it. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fields_of_Joy

Back
Top Bottom