Atomic tube replacement

iceman

Is there an easy way to access the tubes on the active wedge that I'm missing? There's nothing in the manual about it that I've found and Atomic doesn't seem to want to respond to my emails. The heat vent on the bottom is far too small to access the tubes and there doesn't seem to be a way to remove the controls panel.

Thanks for any help.

I'm not 100% sure about the wedge model, I have the standard model myself, but I had some trouble finding out how to access the tubes on that one too.. But after getting help from Tom King himself, I learned how to get in there. Assuming that the design of the amplifier and control panel are the same on the two models, this is what you do: Unscrew the 4 large screws on the side holding the amp section. Grab the "handles" on the control panel and pull the amp section gently out in the open. Then comes the "trick"; unscrew the 4 small screws on top and bottom of the back of the control panel (next to the "handles"). Then just pull the control panel gently to the side and you have full access to the tubes. See attached pics (I could only add 3 files, so I had to skip a few of the pics, but I think you'll get it anyway..) Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Step 5.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 149
  • Step 3.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 143
  • Step 1.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 145
Yes the amp slid out just fine. Unfortunately replacing the preamp tube which I thought was microphonic did not fix the problem. It still squeals like crazy even with the guitar's volume all the way down and the Axe's output at zero. :-(

I'd love to just get a Verve and wash my hands of this squeal box but they're backordered until one day after my death.

Back
Top Bottom