Atomic Reactor Wedges

i inherited these in the deal I got for my Axe. Who has had experience with them. Right now I am rather pleased with them so far. Just not sure how much coloring there is with these compared to a CLR. I know there is some for sure but I can tell a vast difference from the atomic a compared to a Mesa power amp and 4-12 cab. As I said I like them at this point, but realistically from people who have played them and the next gen of frfr monitors how much of a jump will I see?

I had 2 Passive reactor wedges paired with the Atomic tube amp. They were decent and got the job done but I like my CLR a lot better. The passive wedges were really lightweight compared to my CLR which was a plus.

The Reactors were great. I still have one in cab format and it sounds good. When I first came to Fractal you could buy them on their web site. Completely usable FRFR, at one point the forum fave. Bettered by the newer speakers, but a good speaker option. I wouldn't hesitate to use them.

Anyone have experience with the old Atomic Reactor 112 amp? It's not FRFR, but wondering if it would be more dialed in for using the Axe than either a Matrix/cab setup (which I use now) or running into something like the poweramp/fx return on any regular amp?

(Yes, I'd just get a CLR but I'm looking for a low-cost option. And my current setup is fine, just looking to simplify...)

Hi I got a reactor/atomic 18w and it is missing the docking station to put a amp simulator. I was wondering if I can get an atblank docking station or get the diagrams to bridge the docking station so that the amp can work with the send/return

You don't need the docking station. I've got 7 atomics (several reactors, passive wedges, and CLRs). I pretty sure you can plug (output from AxeFx) into the return on the back and it goes straight to the power amp. The input on the top is for using a modeler that is docked.

Hi Gizmo. I bought the amp without a docking station and I plugged my korg axg3000 to the send/return and nothing happens. Thats why I thought you had to use the atblank docking station to establish a bridge connection to get the send/return active. Maybe something else is wrong with the amp, though the tubes light up but nothing fires.

I use my pedal board with BIASFX and two amps a hotrod and peavey to get stereo and all is good with these amps, however the reactor/atomic nothing. I even change tubes 1 12ax7 and 2 6L6GC but nothing, I want to get this going so that I can use the hotrod and the reactor as the power amps are the same to get good stereo output

I just ran output of Axe3 into the effects loop return and it works fine whether I have the dock in or out. Something must be wrong with your amp. Make sure the internal speaker button is pressed in.

I just ran output of Axe3 into the effects loop return and it works fine whether I have the dock in or out. Something must be wrong with your amp. Make sure the internal speaker button is pressed in.
Where is the internal speaker button?

I bought a Reactor that was missing pod cassette. It worked for a couple weeks and then quit. There is some glow from the tubes but no sound.

Back
Top Bottom