Atomic Reactor 18 watt or 50 watt?

GEN DAWG

Folks -- I mainly play at church, and I currently use my Axe thru an FRFR system, which I like, but don't love. I recently played a rock gig running the Axe thru the fx return of an amp and really dug the sound and feel of going through a cab -- you know, it's just what I'm used to. So I'm looking at the Atomic Reactors as a possible solution. Yes, I know, the Fratomic is "just around the corner," but that's not my question.

The question is: does the 18 watt reactor have a decent amount of headroom? I'm fine with there being a smidge of output tube breakup on my cleanest sounds, and I don't have to have Super Twin - style headroom for church. But will it work OK to get me over a moderate-volume drummer, bass, guitar 2, and vox? I'm guessing it will. I've used 18w tube amps in this church before, and they were plenty loud.

Thoughts?

I would rather choose a 112 50W: there's a master volume in it and AFAIK, it's not bigger nor really heavier than the 18W.

Footnote: the master volume is important to me because I prefer the tone of my own Atomic fed with a high input level. It sounds better to my ears...

Back
Top Bottom