Atomic FR Tweeter

Mouhf

Hi!

I just received the Atomic FR active cab today, and the first thing surprised me is the very low sound. I turned up the tweeter level but it doesn't changed the sound at all! Somebody who already has the Atomic can tell me if is it normal?

Thanks!

Not sure what you mean? The tweeter is not a volume control, but some kind of filter. At twelve o clock, it is neutral. Turn clockwise and it add high frequencys while conter clock wise, it gets darker. But it dosen't affect the volume. You have a volume pot for that puspose and 50 watts of tube gain is quite loud at maximum level if you ask me. But you need to adjust the output of the axe fx or whatever preamp feeding the Atomic. If output of the preamp is at minimum, even if youcrank the Atomic volume, not much is gonna come out of it. Hope it helps!

I have two Atomic cab, active ones! They are closeback and thus, bassy by nature! Don't bother to fix it within the Atomic. I personaly use the highpass on the cab block of the Axe fx 2. But you can use a filter block, or the amp highpass parameter, whatever EQ at your disposal within the Axe fx to remove undesire low frequencies!! Experiment. Good luck!

What are you comparing it to?

I actually find the Atomic to be more mid-rangey than some other FRFR speakers I have used. It certainly has less low-end and less high-end compared to my QSC K10. I think it makes it easier to dial in for guitar.

I had the same issue with mine (mine are passive BTW)

there is a wiring harness with 4 wires coming of the speaker's, the connector is most likely not sitting correct on the board, just re-seat it.

Maybe yours is defective.

For a quick test put a filter block at the very end of one of your patches. Then set it as a high pass type, 4th order with a cut off above 5khz.

That should make it easy to tell if the tweeter is working and if the control is effective.

I'm comparing to what I listen in my hearphones and what the Atomic sound. I have the impression playing with a bass amp

AdamCook => Nothing happens... I guess it's defective
6L6C => Should I open the cab?
Yeah you are going to have to pull the power amp out a bit to get to it, no big deal but I would also test it before putting it back together.

Contact support! Tom always anwser quickly! It seems like it's defective indeed! A pinch of tweeter adjustment makes a huge difference so it's not normal you don't hear any difference!

Contact support! Tom always anwser quickly!
Yeah your not kidding, when I had a issue. Sent a email on a Sunday morning around 10:30AM certainly did not expect a reply till Monday.
I had a phone call with-in 10 mins, almost fell out of my seat.

Back
Top Bottom