Atomic Family Photo (from NAMM)

I really appreciate the update on the foot controller. Thank you!

The Atomic Wedgie's look great too!

Looks like it's might just be the exact same power block that's in the Reactor but in it's own custom case... It would be nice to be able to rackmount two right next to each other and have a makeshift 100 watt tube stereo power amp.

Looks like it's might just be the exact same power block that's in the Reactor but in it's own custom case... It would be nice to be able to rackmount two right next to each other and have a makeshift 100 watt tube stereo power amp.

What is the difference (advantage) of having the power block and a Passive ARFR Wedge versus having the active ARFR Wedge?

Thanks

Jerry K. said:

What is the difference (advantage) of having the power block and a Passive ARFR Wedge versus having the active ARFR Wedge?

Thanks

Easier to load/carry because you've split some of the weight up. Also, then you can use it just as a monitor if you'd like to run a different power section. You could even replace any current wedge monitors you're using with the Atomic.

Jerry K. said:

Thanks

it´s still Mono - and on that score total uninteresting for me...

a rackmount Stereoversion was my suggestion long tome before Tom
comes to the party....

dongrosh said:
Jerry K. said:

Thanks

it´s still Mono - and on that score total uninteresting for me...

a rackmount Stereoversion was my suggestion long tome before Tom
comes to the party....

Well, at least atomic has listened to 95% of its potential customers and has delivered the preferred product, a mono poweramp. Hardly anyone has any use for stereo, and most people who have stereo tube poweramps, feed them with the same signal. A mono poweramp is lighter and cheaper.

These new atomic poweramps are not very big, you can buy two of them. And two wedges, or two cabs, or a wedge and a cab...

It would be cool if atomic would release a rackmount kit or something, but I think it would have to be 2RU to fit the 6L6 tubes. Maybe in 2 spaces there would be enough room for two poweramps for stereo, and people would have the option of installing one or two in the same kit as needed.

These guys don´t do anything that´s not well thought out... I think 2 monoblock will fit a rack very soon. Checking the marked maybe ;)

Dutch said:
Awesome!

Now all you've got left to do is a nice 19" case to clothe the Axe-FX in style with the Atomics. Black with white piping and leather carrying handles. ;)

It just looks a little... naked.

Yesssss! PLEASE! Do that!!!! MORE MORE!!!!!!!!! :p :p :p :p :p :p

The amp is SO cute! Lol.. ok, maybe some guys don't like 'cute' stage gear, but small and light rules IMO. Is it the same FR amp wrapped in a mini head shell? It looks about the same size. I want one, last year I was that guy asking if anyone waiting for a passive cab wanted to buy an original ARFR and then sell me the power amp block from it.. but there were no takers :)

It seems to me that, if you strip away the exterior, two monoblocs will fit a 19"rack perfectly.
The delay of the MFC to me brings hope that they rebuilt it to include a MTC generator or even 2 for use on multi channels.
Would be nice to have a master or 2 to sync up the rack.

Found this headbox
SwansonRackCab.jpg

here: http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showth ... p?t=280097

I would make it look like a regular 2-space head like a smallbox JTM or Badger30 or something, with the monoblock in the back, akin to the combo Atomic that's already out. Just wishes and 2cents...

Back
Top Bottom