Atomic CLRs not available where I live, what are other good FRFR monitoring options?

^^^ What he said :)

Except that two cabs really is a lot of fun, even by yourself at home.

Yeah, I just keep thinking of it as stuff I don't need. I don't gig at all really. Too old to rock and roll. But I have fun with gear like the Axe FXIII, so no harm dreaming I guess.

If you have decent studio monitors and you're not gigging, I don't see the point, unless you just want ear splitting gig level volume.

If you want to alternate between the axe and your computer/interface, can you not just get a small mixer and hook both up and send the output to the monitors? Then just mute the axe channels on it when you want to go via your computer/interface. Or if your monitors have two inputs just use those.

Last edited:
Yamaha DXR10's are another option for close to flat response...

Every speaker, cab and room will have some sort of colouration, I have CLR's and they still needed EQ to be flat in my jam room.

Whatever you use, including your monitors, I would suggest getting a DBX Driverack for live, (I have a VENU360 and use the AES/EBU digital connection), or SoundID Reference with a calibrated mic for the computer if you want accuracy between systems. Even if you hired something like these to work out a quick EQ and then try to match it on your Output EQ you can make any speaker more accurate.

And dreaming is better in stereo ;)

I'm too old for sure, but not too old to rock and roll!

True, rainy day, dream away.

If you have decent studio monitors and you're not gigging, I don't see the point, unless you just want ear splitting gig level volume.

If you want to alternate between the axe and your computer/interface, can you not just get a small mixer and hook both up and send the output to the monitors? Then just mute the axe channels on it when you want to go via your computer/interface. Or if your monitors have two inputs just use those.

Yeah, exactly. It's sort of like "What's the point", but gear...

Yamaha DXR10's are another option for close to flat response...

Every speaker, cab and room will have some sort of colouration, I have CLR's and they still needed EQ to be flat in my jam room.

Whatever you use, including your monitors, I would suggest getting a DBX Driverack for live, (I have a VENU360 and use the AES/EBU digital connection), or SoundID Reference with a calibrated mic for the computer if you want accuracy between systems. Even if you hired something like these to work out a quick EQ and then try to match it on your Output EQ you can make any speaker more accurate.
I have Sound ID Reference, which I use to craft tones. My experience of late has been underwhelming however.

Back
Top Bottom