Atomic CLR new user - What might I be doing wrong?

FWIW

I have to backtrack on that comment above.
I wasn't really thinking clearly when I came to that conclusion and forgot for some reason (not enough sleep the previous night?) that I won't be playing with the Axe's outs cranked all the time.

So, my way forward, when using a single CLR, will indeed involve doing the CLRs gain-staging just a bit hotter than recommended by Atomic and/or Jay.
I only run the risk of actually clipping the signal when I'm playing at my absolute loudest which would only be a rare occurrence if ever at all.
And if I did have to play that loud and my tone started distorting I like to think that the relatively sophisticated musicians I usually play with will take that as a cue to turn down a bit.

So, for most things I'm likely to do with a single CLR it will probably be loud enough after all.
Hi Joey,

Thanks for coming back with your findings. I'm really pleased to hear that you're now confident that your CLRs will get loud enough to work as backline with the hard hitting drummer you sometimes play with. This is good news because that squeaky clean, dark but very dynamic sound you like for certain things is, in fact, very demanding on power as you've experienced.

Also great to know after doing your research that you feel comfortable using your CLR as your reference. It can be difficult to recalibrate after growing accustomed to something else but sounds like you've done it and now you have your HS80Ms calibrated. Nice!

Best,

Tom

Back
Top Bottom