ATOMIC CLR Neo - Vibration

Hi, my rig is an Axe FX XL + 2 CLR NEOs.

Never gigged. Only used in the studio.
Turned on my rig today and one of my NEOs has a huge vibration when playing my top three bass strings on my strat. Firmware is Quantum and I was using preset 005 Double Verb (I think). Its pretty much the same on many other presets.

Tried everything, including swapping left and right cables, playing the other CLR on its on (no vibration) etc.
Had this for just under a year.
Have correctly set up gain staging etc.

Anyone else experience this. It feel like the speaker "paper / fabric" has given way from its chassis. Never gigged at high volume at all. In fact my Axe Output 1 is at 9.00 o'clock. The CLR inputs 1 (both) are at 10 o'clock, Master is dialled in at about 10 o'clock.

Any help, knowledge or someone having similar problems and got it fixed is much appreciated.

Thanks

Contact Tom King. Either through their web page or here at the forum. Sometimes it seems that his webmail box is full but when he is contacted here through the forum either by sending him a personal message or posting a thread like this he responds and fix the problem.
They will deal with it.

Yup,. this happened to me, as well as a bunch of other numerous issues with the CLR Neos. Tom sent me a new speaker. I used to own a pair of Neos....Ive been through 3 power modules, the speaker..lets see what else. They're gone with the wind now.. sorry man

I had a super strange happen to me with my first clr. A tie wrap had broken off inside and got kind of pinned against cone (from behind) and it vibrated when I hit low notes. I only found it after starting to take it apart and looking with a flash light. Super weird random thing

Yup,. this happened to me, as well as a bunch of other numerous issues with the CLR Neos. Tom sent me a new speaker. I used to own a pair of Neos....Ive been through 3 power modules, the speaker..lets see what else. They're gone with the wind now.. sorry man

Thanks Jazzgrt14 - I have pretty much had most of the problems that one would read about in these forums with the Atomic CLR NEOs. I bought two at huge cost in Australia ($1700 AUD - They are currently out of stock here but retail is now $ AUD 2199). Shocking quality.

I must say however that the local Australian distributor (Andrew Farnham) has been great in both response to my issues and in fact to his cost has picked up both NEOs and couriered it back to Queensland - for my global friends - Melbourne is a 3 hour plane ride to Queensland. This MAY be also an indicator that the quality problems with the NEOs (as expressed in numerous posts here, TGP, Kemper Forums etc) are known. Note: Many of my components (240v versions for Europe and Australia) have been sourced / made in Asia / China. Not as understood that the NEOs are made exclusively in the USA. !!! The Australian NEOs are also assembled in Australia. Fact. Ass opposed to "being made & assembled in the USA".

I am sad to state that my experience of these are NOT as claimed by many other (lucky) owners of Atomic Amp CLRs. (And for those of you who may be thinking - "he just needs to tweak the Axe FX patches, or, its his room acoustics, or whatever" let me just state that I am a qualified sound engineer and have a huge range of pro sound kit available.

So its now unknown when I may get my speakers back - which means I am back to my tube amps ! Reliable, unbelievable in both sound and feel and now have to re buy a suite of effects pedals - my axe fx Xl is temporarily an expensive white elephant !

And yes, as many of you have experienced, not a peep or response out of Tom King, either to my posts here or from my email to him ! And yes please no one respond with advice about how his email gets way laid or I need to email again and change the title etc - that is all quite frankly .... bullshit !

Not happy !!

Last edited:
I do understand you are upset about the CLR, I would be also. As far as buying effects and your axe fx being a white elephant, why not 4 cable your axe fx with your amp? At least until you get the FRFR troubles sorted.

Thanks Jazzgrt14 - I have pretty much had most of the problems that one would read about in these forums with the Atomic CLR NEOs. I bought two at huge cost in Australia ($1700 AUD - They are currently out of stock here but retail is now $ AUD 2199). Shocking quality.

I must say however that the local Australian distributor (Andrew Farnham) has been great in both response to my issues and in fact to his cost has picked up both NEOs and couriered it back to Queensland - for my global friends - Melbourne is a 3 hour plane ride to Queensland. This MAY be also an indicator that the quality problems with the NEOs (as expressed in numerous posts here, TGP, Kemper Forums etc) are known. Note: Many of my components (240v versions for Europe and Australia) have been sourced / made in Asia / China. Not as understood that the NEOs are made exclusively in the USA. !!! The Australian NEOs are also assembled in Australia. Fact. Ass opposed to "being made & assembled in the USA".

I am sad to state that my experience of these are NOT as claimed by many other (lucky) owners of Atomic Amp CLRs. (And for those of you who may be thinking - "he just needs to tweak the Axe FX patches, or, its his room acoustics, or whatever" let me just state that I am a qualified sound engineer and have a huge range of pro sound kit available.

So its now unknown when I may get my speakers back - which means I am back to my tube amps ! Reliable, unbelievable in both sound and feel and now have to re buy a suite of effects pedals - my axe fx Xl is temporarily an expensive white elephant !

And yes, as many of you have experienced, not a peep or response out of Tom King, either to my posts here or from my email to him ! And yes please no one respond with advice about how his email gets way laid or I need to email again and change the title etc - that is all quite frankly .... bullshit !

Not happy !!

Yes sorry to hear your problems as well..Tom is hard to get a hold of. I used to email him alot as well as text him, i had his phone number. He did always come through for me, sometimes fast sometimes very slow. I have a pair of FBT Maxx2a's and i used those when my CLRs were down..Now the FBTs are my main FRFR for my Axe. works, sounds great for me. Im fulltime musicians so i cant have gear going down on me..I had one of the CLRs die on a gig!! two times! They are killer monitors but the made in Chinna quality control is terrible. I mainly had problems with the power modules, like i said. Its strange i agree how many people have had the CLRs and gig with them and have had ZERO issues while alot of people have had nothing but problems.

Hi all, an update for those of you interested.

Before I do so may I take this opportunity to thank the Australian Distributor of Atomic Amps (Independent Music in Brisbane). What great service. Andrew Farnham (owner) organised to pick up my two CLRs by courier, sent them on to Totally Technical (also in Queensland). Tom (a great guy who then called me personally to report on the fault and fix) took them apart and found one LF Driver dust cap had worked itself loose. Just one of those quality anomalies. Huge distortion as a result when playing bass strings (6 string strat). Tom then soak tested this before clearing the fault. Waiting for them to be sent back to me.

Thanks Andrew & Tom if you get to read this.

Good to hear, hope nothing else happens..Its like a snowball effect with these things though when i had them. One thing happened, then another, then this, then that...then SOLD. good luck bro

Good to hear, hope nothing else happens..Its like a snowball effect with these things though when i had them. One thing happened, then another, then this, then that...then SOLD. good luck bro

Thanks. Both are on their way to me now. The tech did say a few power modules for others had blown. Something wrong with the design ? unclean power ? I am using a Furman power conditioner for the Axe FX and CLRs.

Thanks. Both are on their way to me now. The tech did say a few power modules for others had blown. Something wrong with the design ? unclean power ? I am using a Furman power conditioner for the Axe FX and CLRs.

Cool, yup i ALWAYS ran mine into Furman PL-plus series II..still had issues, not sure why...Ive had a friend of mine take a look at the CLRs power module who is pretty versed in power amps, etc and he said its pretty much Chinese junk. Dont get me wrong i loved them, almost wish the power section was made in Italy! then of course the CLR would cost wayy more than what it is.

"And yes, as many of you have experienced, not a peep or response out of Tom King, either to my posts here or from my email to him ! And yes please no one respond with advice about how his email gets way laid or I need to email again and change the title etc - that is all quite frankly .... bullshit !"

Boy do I know this feeling! You'd be hard pressed to pry a dollar out of my wallet if I knew it was going anywhere near Atomic.

"And yes, as many of you have experienced, not a peep or response out of Tom King, either to my posts here or from my email to him ! And yes please no one respond with advice about how his email gets way laid or I need to email again and change the title etc - that is all quite frankly .... bullshit !"

Boy do I know this feeling! You'd be hard pressed to pry a dollar out of my wallet if I knew it was going anywhere near Atomic.

I hear ya man, i used to email, call, text...crickets... nothin for weeks sometimes, then other times right away. it was a trip..He always took care of me when i got through to him. OR there were times where i got through to him and he said he would mail out a new unit on Monday and then send me a tracking number and then nothing would show..so it was a crap shoot.

I hear ya man, i used to email, call, text...crickets... nothin for weeks sometimes, then other times right away. it was a trip..He always took care of me when i got through to him. OR there were times where i got through to him and he said he would mail out a new unit on Monday and then send me a tracking number and then nothing would show..so it was a crap shoot.

I got totally burned on their so-called 15-day return period so I vowed to never give them another dollar. Why even have the policy if you can't handle someone thinking your product sucks and wishes to return it?

Oh well, luckily lots of good FRFR options out there...and cheaper too!

Back
Top Bottom