Atomic CLR Neo in EU?

mrMagenta

Inspired
So, I want to buy one. The extra weight of the regular version is too much for my use.
Besides using it for electric guitar through the Axe-Fx, I would also use it for small to medium size flamenco/classical guitar gigs, guitar and vocals, traveling light.

I live in Sweden, the atomic EU-shop doesn't list the NEO.
What is the current situation? How would one go about getting one?

I'm thankful for any advice / help.

Would it be possible to order the regular active CLR-wedge and install the NEO driver yourself? Is the NEO driver available for purchase?

Too bad. I'd be seriously tempted in a set of Neo equiped CLR's.
Fingers crossed :encouragement:

Yeah, I found the answer to that after some further googling. Atomic says replacing the driver (NEO-upgrade) is non-trivial. The driver is also a specific proprietary design.

Kylläpä meni vaikeaksi... Translation: This turned out more difficult then I thought it would.

Can everyone who is looking to buy the NEO-version of the Atomic CLR Wedge or Cab in EU state so in this thread, perhaps if we gather enough interest in one place we could get Atomic to push things along for us EU-dwellers?

Atomic wrote to me:
"Hi Jake, I'm working on making the NEO version available over there. Hopefully only a few more weeks. Thanks for writing in!"

Hang on guys. It's gonna be a bumpy ride

That's good news! Hopefully it won't be too long. My experience tells me these things easily get delayed. I waited a long time for Liquid Foot to come out with their current line of controller units, but at some point I had to get something that will get me by, so I got the Gordius LG2 even though it wouldn't integrate as well with the Axe FX, but now that I've learned to use it I don't feel like changing to Liquid Foot.

I don't like the alternatives to CLR that I've looked at so far, none seem as well suited for my purpose as the CLR active wedge, so I'd hate to go the same path again and commit to an alternative setup that doesn't do the job as well. Sure, the regular active wedge would be nice, but I'm really nervous about the weight. I have had many lost years due to a pesky tendonitis and I'd rather risk hurting myself playing the guitar than hauling my rig around.

I was hoping the power supply can handle both US 110V and European 230V standards, so I could import one. No luck. CLR Manual says:

North American Model: 100-120VAC

European Model: 220-240VAC

I am waiting for the Neo upgrade for my CLRs since the Neos were available in the US. Feels like forever now. Tom told me something like ...soon.

I didn't know there's still a shortage of NEO's in US as well, or perhaps it's just that they don't have the time / resources to do the upgrades faster.

They are rolling out their new product, their stomp box sized amp simulator. Perhaps things will progress faster with the NEO CLRs once the other product has come out to market.

Perhaps I need to look more for an alternative solution after all. :-(

Weight comparison:
45lbs CLR Regular Active Wedge
38lbs XiTone Active Wedge 'Walliman'
33lbs CLR NEO Active Wedge

The Xitone only has one input... which makes it less suitable for me and the weight savings aren't as big compared to the regular CLR.
Still seems the CLR NEO is in a class of its own. Do you guys have tips for other speakers I should consider?

Just for reference, these are the options I have found for my use so far:

15kg Atomic CLR NEO Active Wedge, Two channels
14.9kg Dynacord AXM 12A, Three channels, Two with optional phantom power, Third is RCA
16.5kg RCF NX12SMA, Single channel
17.2kg Xitone Walliman, Single channel
17.5kg dB Technologies DVX DM12, Single channel

Out of these I still find the CLR NEO most interesting. If anyone has any experience of the alternatives I'd be happy to hear your thoughts on them. I'm especially curious about the Dynacord, and if anyone has tried it with the Axe FX.

Hmm. Would suck if there is a moment 22 going on causing further delay.

If european customers are waiting for the stock of the regular active wedges to clear in order to possibly get the NEO version once atomic makes a new batch it might look like european demand is low, sales slow etc, which might lead to down prioritizing the release of the NEO in EU. I hope this isn't the situation. Weight is a big issue for me, I hope it isn't the same for everyone else, so the sales of the active wedge won't stall. I would be soo happy if they changed the driver to the neodymium one in some of the existing stock and sold them as NEOs. Especially If I could get my hands on at least one of them. :)

All the above might just be pointless speculation. I'm just having a bad case of GAS, combined with an actual need for a small, lightweight Monitor/PA.
Does anyone know the real reason why we are still waiting for the NEO in europe?

Last edited:
Just for reference, these are the options I have found for my use so far:

15kg Atomic CLR NEO Active Wedge, Two channels
14.9kg Dynacord AXM 12A, Three channels, Two with optional phantom power, Third is RCA
16.5kg RCF NX12SMA, Single channel
17.2kg Xitone Walliman, Single channel
17.5kg dB Technologies DVX DM12, Single channel

Out of these I still find the CLR NEO most interesting. If anyone has any experience of the alternatives I'd be happy to hear your thoughts on them. I'm especially curious about the Dynacord, and if anyone has tried it with the Axe FX.

Mr.Magenta, Thanks for the list (and the research). I've never heard of the Dynacord. I'm looking for a light (under 15 kilos / circa 30 lbs.) wedge with two inputs. The Dynacord looks great on paper as far as inputs and weight. Does anybody have it? How does it sound with the Axe FX II?

Also, I will look for a professional review on this monitor. If anyone finds a detailed review on the fidelity of this monitor, please let us know.

Note: I also have had trouble receiving replies to my emails from Atomic. I wrote to them twice a year ago and got a response almost immediately. In the past 3 months I've written 3 times and have as of yet received no answer.

Back
Top Bottom