Atomic Amps - Tom King won't return my amp - IT'S BEEN A YEAR!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjaminb

Has anyone else had poor customer experience with Tom King from Atomic Amps? I sent him my wedge over a year ago and he has yet to repair it and will not respond to emails.

Really not cool.

This is easily the worst customer service I have ever seen. Short of taking him to small claims court, does anyone have a suggestion how to get my gear back?

He tends to respond to these rant threads. Your experience is not unique unfortunately.

That's odd. I had an issue last year, and he called me back after hours and helped me over the phone for 20 minutes. Is it possible emails are getting blocked? Try posting and messaging on their Facebook Page..

I have contacted Atomic Amp on several occasions & had replies very quickly & there responses were very helpful.

Just my personel experience.

\m/

I have a problem with one of my CLRs and it's past the warranty. I emailed their support and got a reply within 24 hours.

You can of course always call them on your phone.

I sent him my wedge over a year ago and he has yet to repair it and will not respond to emails.
:eek: I can imagine your frustration.

I don't normally like this type of thread, as all the facts are rarely given and people pile in. However, I'm still waiting for a reply from Atomic about a longstanding issue with one of my CLRs. Communication does not seem to be their strong point.

I had the same issue with Atomic, didn't respond on mail but when I wrote in this section Tom responded very fast!
They should have a look at their mailsystem/spamfilter setup because everyone seems to have problem to contact the support by mail.

Not responding to customer e-mails / or having e-mails filtered out of existence is especially frustrating because the CLRs still seem to be quite a bit ahead of the competition (in a lot of use cases). It's not easy to move on to some lesser alternative. Personally I would like a time estimate for when the NEO will be available in EU. It would help me in planning my rig. It seems a lot of us are waiting for it.

It must be hard to be a massive guitar lover/junkie, develop an amazing product, and still maintain customer satisfaction on a global scale. We all fall behind but it sounds like there was a simple gap in your correspondence.
Anyone who wants to see what astounding customer service is they should look no further than Xitone and Mick Farlow...

Rawk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had to "talk shit" aka post my legitimate problem on their facebook page multiple times because Tom kept deleting it, to finally get a response from him when my amp section crapped out, then my tweeter section crapped out and he never talked to me again after multiple tries. The whole ordeal lasted over 6 months! I said screw it and ended up selling it. I'll never buy another Atomic product again.

Tom King posted in this thread on Feb 26. No word from the OP about it, and no follow-up.

I can only share my personal experience with the CLR, and customer service was solid, absolutely no complaints. I'd like to know if the OP got this sorted out yet.

Coincidentally (or not), this thread is perfectly timed with Atomic's release of a new product that a lot of people are buzzing about.

FWIW, unless you've dealt with a guy who goes by the name "Dr. Bass", you have no idea what poor customer service is. Google "Dr. Bass Cabinets" and you'll see.

I've had stellar communication with Atomic / Tom too.

I had a question about a Neo upgrade and got a response within 24 hrs from Tom. This was more of a "what if" email and not directly a sure sell but he took the time to get back to me promptly.

I did wait quite a long time for a repair issue last year, but eventually Tom did get back to me. In the end he called personally and was very friendly and apologetic and did not charge for the repair.

That said, it is better that communication happens in the first place rather than a customer being forced to post in a public forum to get Tom's attention.

I agree that a year seems eggregious. Hopefully you get some communciation and resolution.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom