Atomic Amplifiers CLR Vs. Mission Engineering Gemini 1

Krakadon

Inspired
Sorry if this has been posted already. I couldn't find a thread on this.

I think the consensus has been that the Atomic CLR is the gold standard for FRFR. When compared with the new (and slightly more expensive) Mission Engineering Gemini 1 I'm sure there is no loser. But someone has to ask, how do they compare? Does one have a clear advantage in some attribute or another? I play an eclectic range of music from borderline extreme metal to fingerpicked and haven't yet had the luxury of investing in FRFR Now my choice is made even more complicated. So what are your thoughts?

The CLRs are way more flexible. The mode switching alone between wedge pole and back line puts it ahead of game. I can't speak on the mission box but my two CLRs sound freakin amazing, clear as a bell.

When we did the Nor Cal Axe Fx summit a few months back, we compared the CLRs with both the Gemini and the Xitone passive wedges.

The CLRs are more "hi-fi" sounding, while the others have a more traditional cab feel... But we all pretty much agreed you could really go wrong with any of them... They all sounded great!

The Gemini rocks as far as the visual aesthetics, and definitely looks the most traditional. It's also really loud for the wattage. And it has a control to make it sound less FRFR, if you want that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have the Gemini head and cab and I am very happy with them. I have done a few shows where I used it as backline, all stage volume, (no guitars through the pa) and it sounded great. very very loud and great cut in the overall "mix" such as it was. I have never used the Atomics, so I can offer no comment by way of comparison. Ultimately I went mission because I like the look, I read good things and and had a no risk trial period.

Another Gemini owner here in my case I have the passive version of the cab, have only had it a short time but really liking it!
Was using (and still have) the JBL SRX712M’s, the same ones Cliff has used I liked them the first time I heard them, and still do. But the dispersion pattern would sometimes bug me, had to stand in the sweet spot, so started looking for FRFR cabs with the coaxial design. Liked the Mission because it is more like a traditional cab. Basically I like it so I can put my rack on top of it, I know (Ha Ha)

However the important stuff sounds great! Side note the JBL’s and now the Gemini, all powered with the Matrix GT800 I like a separate power amp so I can interface with any cab situation I may run into.
Like others however I have never had a CLR. So sorry cant give you a comparision.
John

Sorry if this has been posted already. I couldn't find a thread on this.

I think the consensus has been that the Atomic CLR is the gold standard for FRFR. When compared with the new (and slightly more expensive) Mission Engineering Gemini 1 I'm sure there is no loser. But someone has to ask, how do they compare? Does one have a clear advantage in some attribute or another? I play an eclectic range of music from borderline extreme metal to fingerpicked and haven't yet had the luxury of investing in FRFR Now my choice is made even more complicated. So what are your thoughts?
I know this is an old thread but I'm exploring FRFR and also play a variety of styles of music from drop tuned 7/8 string stuff and 6 string EJ style stuff. I was wondering if you went with the Gemini and how it's working for you? I think I might get one.

Back
Top Bottom