Atomic 50/50 and Atomic Passive Cabs Question

Paul2916

Inspired
Hi,

I wondered if anyone can help me with a few relatively simple set-up questions regarding using an Atomic 50/50 with passive cabs. It's the Impedence (Ohm) selector switch settings that I need help with. I have e-mailed Atomic amps twice in the last week but they are not responding, so I need your help guys.

Apologies if this reads like a maths exam question. Ha ha. Ok, here goes:

On the rear of the 50/50 are 4 speaker outputs, two per channel.

1. If I connect both of my passive cabs to the speaker outputs of Channel 1 on the 50/50 (one Channel 1 speaker output per passive cab) do I set the impedance for Channel 1 on the 50/50 to 4, 8 or 16 ohms?

2. If I connect both of my passive cabs to the 50/50 but this time I connect only one passive cab to a speaker output of Channel 1 and the other passive cab to a speaker output of Channel 2, what do I set the impedance levels for each channel to: 4, 8 or 16 ohms?

3. For smaller venues, if I connect only one of my passive cabs to a single speaker output of only one channel do I set the impedance for that channel to 4, 8 or 16 ohms?

Thanks in anticipation you for your help.

Paul

It depends on the impedence of your speakers. You'll have to check the manual. The amps I have used before work this way: If you are using one 8ohm speaker per channel you would set it to 8ohm. If you use 2 8ohm speakers per channel I think you have to select the 4 ohm.
Again, check your manual as it should have connection scenarios.

Hi Hussamd, thanks for getting back to me.

My passive cabs came from G66 in Europe with no instruction manuals. Nothing. Just the passive cab in a box by itself. I have no idea what the Atomic passive cab impedance is? Does anyone else know?

Back
Top Bottom