AT Fun. A preset based on Andy Timmons' rig. Demo & Download

Burgs

Power User
Just because we can, I thought it might be fun to try and replicate Andy Timmons' rig in the Axe. We have the right delay, amps, cabs, plenty of compressors and drives. So here is my attempt, perhaps a little off the mark, but hopefully some fun for you regardless. FW 22b9 or later is needed. Dyna-Cabs feature so FM9/3 users will need to substitute these with their choice of Texas Star cabs.

Download: http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=10299

Video demo:

Thanks for this Burgs! This appeared just as I sat down with a fresh cup of coffee, perfect timing!

I am only halfway through, but the tones you are getting are delicious! Loving that the preset is only around 30% CPU and yet it has a ton of sonic options!

Thanks for this Burgs! This appeared just as I sat down with a fresh cup of coffee, perfect timing!

I am only halfway through, but the tones you are getting are delicious! Loving that the preset is only around 30% CPU and yet it has a ton of sonic options!
Ha!
Just appeared as I sit down at the end of the day with a whiskey and a few moments of computer time before bed. The world is an amazing place indeed.

Thanks Burgs...always great stuff.

Following some valuable and typically genius advice from @simeon, I was able to modify the Multitap Delay block a little and give it a faux 'Stack' function, just like the real thing (Infinite Hold on the Halo). I've done this by assigning a momentary Control (1) switch to both Mix and Master Feedback with slightly stunted attack and release times. It is only assigned to Channel A. Give it a shot and let me know if it works for you.

Attachments

• Halo wStack_20230502_113047.blk
    1.7 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Sweet indeed, scene 7 is the cat’s meow for sure. And in post #9 there’s is even some Simeon magic entering the picture… and it’s a free preset to boot!! Burgs, you are “the real deal” on so, so many levels! Thanx!

Following some valuable and typically genius advice from @simeon, I was able to modify the Multitap Delay block a little and give it a faux 'Stack' function, just like the real thing (Infinite Hold on the Halo). I've done this by assigning a momentary Control (1) switch to both Mix and Master Feedback with slightly stunted attack and release times. It is only assigned to Channel A. Give it a shot and let me know if it works for you.
Sounds Stellar. im trying to assign this to all the channels (Channel A now selected to All Channels) in the MT Delay but it only seems to work in Channel A. not sure why.

hi Burgs, I dropped this block into my FM3 with 6.02 firmware and it sounds glorious! I do have the Halo pedal as well. Great job!

Back
Top Bottom