Assignig more than one effect to a switch?

Mic

Allow me another, perhaps st0opid noob-question, about Midi and all that, since I'm all new to this.
I come from these "all-in-one" fx-boards by Boss and/or Line6 etc ...

One feature I had with my previous board was, I could assign 2 or even more effects to one switch alone. So I could turn on/off effects like Delay, Reverb, Compressor .. etc .. all at once, with just a single hit on the assigned switch. No need for changing to a whole new preset/patch. The big advantage for that was, that turning on/off effects worked seamless. Unlike changing to a new preset. Since no simulation and other data needed to be loaded (board internally).

Is this somehow possible with the MFC - Axe Fx? ... or do I just need to loose old habits and adept a different approach?

Happy Easter.

It's possible to set several block bypasses to the same CC# at the Axe I/O: CTRL page. Then the MFC will switch them all, as long as the block the IA is actually assigned to (by name on MFC) is in the preset.

If you want to control different combinations of blocks on different presets or not always have to include that one block, another option is setting the IA switch to general use, and configuring a CC for one of the 12 External Controls found at the Axe I/O: CTRL page. Then the Ext Ctrl can be assigned as a modifier source for any block bypasses or controllable parameters, per preset.

Two ways to do that.
1. For simple effect on/off purposes, just set them to the same midi cc number in the Axe-Fx's ctrl menu.
2. For simple effect on/off purposes and for the control of parameters like volume, mix, gain or whatever define the so called external controller, an artificial interface between the midi world and the preset.

In way 1 the sent midi cc comand gets reset when you change to a different preset, so these effects turn off (or on if that is programmed in the preset) when you change to a different preset. When you want them to not change then you can program in the mfc that it resends that cc command on preset changes.
In the way 2 the value of the external controller stays unchanged during preset changes, you don't need to tell the mfc to resend the cc command.
You see, everything is possible, you can have a stomp box setup and decide which effects turn off or stay on when you change to a different patch.

I see now. The possibilities are great on that "thing". I just need to wrap my head around it =) .. Thanks a bunch for the help.

Back
Top Bottom