Wish Assignable Hardware Knobs

Jerry K.

Experienced
I don't know if this has been mentioned but it would be nice if there was a way to assign the 5 knobs on the FX8 to have a default function on a per patch basis. For example, in a patch I might want to assign a knob to control the volume of my distortion and two others to control the mix of my reverb and delay and one for the volume of my wah. Once you enter any of the internal menus the preassigned function would be overridden by whatever menu you are in.

I just did my first gig with the FX8 so I was tweaking on the fly and I wished I could have just reached down to fine tune volumes and FX mix ratios without having to page through menus. I suspect that even after I get things tweaked I will always want this just like I do with real pedals, every space is different!

This would be a work around for the fact that we can't have global blocks due to CPU limitations.

The biggest problem I have is setting the amount of gain I have on my overdrive block for 40 different tunes. I get to rehearsal, and I realize that different songs need an adjustment on the gain, and navigating menus on the fly is too difficult, especially if your trying to do it while you play with the band. If I could assign the amount of gain to a knob, I could just lean down and adjust, and then save at the end of a tune.

In fact, I ended up going with a Suhr Riot as an overdrive pedal into my Bogner atma because it acts like a global block. It can be controlled by the relays, and turned off and on per scene. I keep it beside my amp, and therefore can adjust the gain on the fly really easily. However, I'd prefer to use the drives in the Fx8 as opposed to having the pedal and the extra cabling.

Back
Top Bottom