Assign two effects to one IA in different presets

Is it possible to assign to a single IA switch:
  • chorus on preset 1
  • flanger on preset 2
Assuming that preset 1 doesn't have a flanger block and preset 2 doesn't have a chorus block.

Many thanks

If you use a Wildcard IA approach then this might be your solution - I do a similar thing for a formant block and also a Rotary block in some of my presets.
In effect, My IA 10 is set for EXT 12 and this is referenced as a modifier for the block bypass state.

Full details of how to set this up are available here and there are other threads on this too.

Just set the Flanger and Chorus to the same CC#. Then set the IA to that CC and you're good to go.

I think the MFC also supports two CC per switch so you could assign the one switch to both CC# (??? - it's been a long time since I've used it.)

And a third way - you could set one of your IA switches to be a wildcard (EXT #) and then set that External switch to control the bypass on whatever blocks you want.

setting the 2 effects to the same CC# will work, but: 1 can screw things up down the road when you forget the CC#'s have been changed. 2 when you want both effects in the same presetthey will be switched together. The wild card IA can be set per preset, this is the way I do it. You can send 2 CC# at a time with a switch, but not in axe fx mode, here again if both effects are in the same preset you will have problems.

Back
Top Bottom