Assign IA as modifier?

dbun

Experienced
I'm currently using Scene Controllers to vary the amount of amp drive across three scenes:
- Scene 1 - base tone
- Scene 2 - more drive
- Scene 3 - lead tone

I basically pick set the minimum amount of drive I want (Scene 1) and the maximum for lead work (Scene 3) and then Scene 2 is somewhere in between.

This works great when I build a song specific preset; however, I'm finding it inconvenient when just jamming with a band on a single preset. The issue is that say on Scene 1 I switch in some effects via IAs, if I swap to Scene 2 for more drive all the effects then switch off simply because they are saved in Scene 2 in their off state.

With a song it doesn't matter as I'll save each Scene with the various effects on or off as required.

I was wondering if there was a way to map an IA as a modifier so that I can basically swap between three levels of drive without changing Scenes?

A general-use IA (Axe-FX function = NONE) can be an Ext Ctrl and assigned to those parameters. That only gives you 2 values from one switch, but a second switch could send one or two more values for the same CC#. Alternatively it could be a separate Ext Ctrl and add level in a different way from the first switch. This would allow different switch functions per preset, including effect bypass. (Remember that a bypass modifier ties the block state to the switch and excludes it from scene-based switching.)

Back
Top Bottom