Assign amp boost to instant access button

Sorry if this has been covered. I think the answer is no, but I'll ask. Any way to assign a MIDI CC# to the amp boost modifier so that I can assign an IA button on my MFC for this?

thanks in advance,

Keith

The answer is yes.
You can assign a modifier to the boost parameter. Set the source of the modifier to an external controller.
Assign a button on your controller to send the CC# you set earlier and you are in business. If you press
the I/O button on the front of the II, page over to the CTRL tab you can see what CC# your external controllers
are set to and modify them if you wish.
This is just ONE way to do this. With X/Y and Scenes you can achieve the same thing. Probably more ways
then I know. Use the wiki and the search function on the site as most questions like this have been answered.
Hope this helps.

The answer is yes.
You can assign a modifier to the boost parameter. Set the source of the modifier to an external controller.
Assign a button on your controller to send the CC# you set earlier and you are in business. If you press
the I/O button on the front of the II, page over to the CTRL tab you can see what CC# your external controllers
are set to and modify them if you wish.
This is just ONE way to do this. With X/Y and Scenes you can achieve the same thing. Probably more ways
then I know. Use the wiki and the search function on the site as most questions like this have been answered.
Hope this helps.

Thanks. Works great. I guess now that you have explained it to me I understand. I get really hung up thinking too linear when it comes to MIDI. Didn't want to do it with scenes or x/y. I have the x/y set up in each preset with 2 different sounds and wanted to use the boost as a you would a normal clean boost on a pedal board. My scenes are set up with alternate IA functions because I really are not using them a whole lot yet. Alternate IA functions are too clumsy for me to use on the fly.

thanks again,

Keith

Sorry if this has been asked. I looked and couldn't find it. I've set my MFC up to include a boost switch as described. I've assigned it to modifier 6 and cc 21. I've gone into the MFC and set the appropriate switch to cc 21. It works fine when i start the preset (always off at the start) and lights up when I engage the boost switch. However, if I try to save the preset with the boost switch engaged, it doesn't light up as engaged when I switch to the preset. In addition, if I have scenes set up (say scene 1 with boost off and scene 2 with boost on) it doesn't light up the switch when I switch to scene 2. Is this a limitation of MFC or am I missing a setting somewhere.

Many thanks as always guys.

MM

You'd have to store the MFC preset with the switch in the initial state you want. It won't be possible to change automatically along with scenes.

If you wanted to program scene switches as general use you could add the External CC to the switch. I don't know if this would cause additional problems e.g. MFC being unaware these are scene changes and failing to update effect IA states.

You'd have to store the MFC preset with the switch in the initial state you want. It won't be possible to change automatically along with scenes.

If you wanted to program scene switches as general use you could add the External CC to the switch. I don't know if this would cause additional problems e.g. MFC being unaware these are scene changes and failing to update effect IA states.

I knew you'd have a thought! :)

I could deal with the scene part I guess but even if I save in the state I want it to be (say boost on - which is CC21 mapped to external controller 6) it doesn't light up green on the MFC for that switch when I go the preset. (It may be active (I'll have to check) but it doesn't light up that way)

Is there a way to do that part ??

MM

When you send a value to an external controller the value remains there until you send a different value or you turn the Axe-fx all off. These values survive preset changes and scene changes. What you program in a preset or a scene there doesn't matters, the Axe-fx reads out the value of the external controller and that's the state you get.

When you send a value to an external controller the value remains there until you send a different value or you turn the Axe-fx all off. These values survive preset changes and scene changes. What you program in a preset or a scene there doesn't matters, the Axe-fx reads out the value of the external controller and that's the state you get.

Surprising. There is no way for that value to reset itself to the state saved in the preset you are switching to? I read the section on Send w/Preset and Global but I'm not sure I totally got it.

Thanks

I knew you'd have a thought! :)

I could deal with the scene part I guess but even if I save in the state I want it to be (say boost on - which is CC21 mapped to external controller 6) it doesn't light up green on the MFC for that switch when I go the preset. (It may be active (I'll have to check) but it doesn't light up that way)

Is there a way to do that part ??

MM

Did you store the preset on the MFC with the switch in the state you want it? (MFC manual section 5.2.6)

Also make sure it's configured like this:

Send w/ preset = yes

Global = off

I'll check that out. I had always saved on the Axe. That's a new one so I'll have to look. Now that I'm looking at the manual, Out of curiosity, how is that different from what is described in section 6.2? (Preset Internal CC states)

066236]Surprising. There is no way for that value to reset itself to the state saved in the preset you are switching to? I read the section on Send w/Preset and Global but I'm not sure I totally got it.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

There are many ways to control the on/off states of blocks.
Using the ctrl menu of the axe, that way effects get reset on preset changes.
Using scenes the blocks can be programed per scene.
Using ext ctrls, that way the keep their state until you change it.
Even using ext ctrls you can force a reset, when you program the MFC to reset the IA on preset changes.

Many ways and good when you got both, the II/XL and MFC.

You can define what your intial value is. And you can program wich IAs keep or loose their state on preset changes and if the resulting value should get transmit to the Axe-fx once again or not. Many ways to do things.

Back
Top Bottom