Asking for tip on how you reduce pick sound

Stringmanipulator

Power User
Hello ladies and gents,

I want to ask for a some tip on how to reduce pick sounds. What parameters would you guys use
to minimize the sound of the pick ? I usually just adjust the tone knob on my guitar but although it make the pick sound
less apparent the sound overall gets more dull obviously ..

Having a little hard time to describe it , but it's mostly when I just pick on a single string and especially the first couple of strings ..

any tip on the subject ?

or do I need to explain it better ?

:)

Heavier gauged picks usually do the trick but material they're made of plays a huge factor as well. Jim Dunlop nylon picks will lessen the attack and you can still stick to your favorite gauge.:)

Last edited:
I use the pick attack parameter in the amp block.

It's really useful if you push a compressor, like the output comp and it accentuates the pick attack. Just reduce the pick attack parameter to taste.

There is a pick attack parameter in the amp block. To get that really smooth no pick sound you might want to go -75%.

I think you should look for a solution outside of the Axe...

The pick and string choice both have a heavy impact on pick attack ... and of course your playing has more impact on this than any parameter on the Axe. If you eliminate too much of the pick attack retroactive, chances are you will also destroy your sound.

Try out heavier, rounded picks. Use older strings. Dig in less. Play softer. All this will help to reduce pick attack.

Pick noise is 90% in the hands, if you're estimating conservatively.

It's a physical noise coming from the interaction between the pick and the strings. The most you can hope to do patch-wise is to tone down the high end and reduce the clarity of the signal overall.

The best thing you can do is dial in a tone you think sounds fantastic, then practice your picking technique while you're using that patch.

Back
Top Bottom