Asking advice for pickup change.

RDeraz

Experienced
Guitar is an Ibanez RG3727fz, mahogany body, maple top, 5 piece (maple,wenge) bolt on neck, edge zero w/ZPS. Currently has Dimarzio PAF 7's that sound slightly anemic. Not bad sounding, just very generic. Tried raising and lowering them, can't seem to find the sweet spot for theses pups.
Don't want to go with active pups, trying to stick with passives.
suggestions?

I put a set of Seymour Duncan Alpha/Omega's in my Strandberg, replacing the OEM pickups which I found kinda bland. I love them. Granted, I had owned them before in the PRS Holcomb signature guitar, so I knew what I was getting into.

What else have you tried that you liked?
I've always just adapted to what pups my guitars have in them. Don't like to go falling down rabbit holes chasing my tail, but I feel the PAF 7's aren't living up to this guitar's potential.
Thought maybe someone had a recommendation for this particular guitar. So many brands and models to choose from.

Guitar is an Ibanez RG3727fz, mahogany body, maple top, 5 piece (maple,wenge) bolt on neck, edge zero w/ZPS. Currently has Dimarzio PAF 7's that sound slightly anemic. Not bad sounding, just very generic. Tried raising and lowering them, can't seem to find the sweet spot for theses pups.
Don't want to go with active pups, trying to stick with passives.
suggestions?
Seymour Duncan JB 7 string might be what your looking for. I have those in my sevenstrings and they seem to keep things really unmuddy, focused and well balanced across the strings.

Thanks guys. Do the highs stay focused? I only ask because trems tend to make the highs harsh.

Back
Top Bottom