Artist Presets

serge20261

Inspired
I've noticed over the years owning various multi effects,that users made some spare cash creating presets
from various artists,and selling them for a modest fee.
I remember a fellow that created some awesome patches,from various genre's demoed them and sold them
Interested to know if

1. Any of you gurus would be willing to create patches
2. How many would actually purchase ready made patches

I'd never ever pay a penny nor one cent for artist patches; as I don't have the artist's fingers, brains and guitar PU this most of the time just doesn't work. BTW applies for any patches except for Simon's delay, reverb and pitch "library" that I was happy to pay for. So much can be achieved with such a few tweaking. Iguess buying another's patches is a bit like painting in the house...when it's done by others you don't see the errors, when it's done by yourself you're staring at each and everyone of them for years. As I did also do a lot of painting in the house myself , I'm not that much bothered anymore by this anymore and got used to "live with my imperfections".

It depends on the presets. If artist presets are tone matched from real life stems then people should know that you have to do the tone match with your gear to make them work for you. Essentially you're paying for something that doesn't most likely work for you. Presets rarely work for everyone. A different guitar will make them unusable. A different playing style will make them unusable. What are the odds one of these doesn't happen?

It depends on the presets. If artist presets are tone matched from real life stems then people should know that you have to do the tone match with your gear to make them work for you. Essentially you're paying for something that doesn't most likely work for you. Presets rarely work for everyone. A different guitar will make them unusable. A different playing style will make them unusable. What are the odds one of these doesn't happen?

What you say of course is all true,I suppose what I would want to achieve is the baseline,for example a more experienced operator would hear the actual makeup of the sound,I understand that even if the sound was replicated exactly it still wouldn't sound like the artist.
Hoping I made sense

Sure and I think that's also very much up my alley as well. :) I've kind of tried to "teach people how to fish" rather than "sell people fish" if you know what I'm saying. Anyways don't take this as promo but when ever I start trying to nail a sound the IR is where I start since it has the most control. It's not about which actual cabs and mics the original used necessarily.

Is there something in specific you're looking for?

Sure and I think that's also very much up my alley as well. :) I've kind of tried to "teach people how to fish" rather than "sell people fish" if you know what I'm saying. Anyways don't take this as promo but when ever I start trying to nail a sound the IR is where I start since it has the most control. It's not about which actual cabs and mics the original used necessarily.

Is there something in specific you're looking for?
I'm looking for plenty of things,at the moment I'm trying to emulate the guitars (no doubt Just a Girl ) and the keyboard solo part,good example of what I meant in my original post as I have no idea what's going on

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom