Artemis 1 Final Countdown

This kinda snuck up on me. Watched a simulation of the mission this morning from a link on the Weather Channel that looked better than the real footage probably will.

What I don’t understand is why they use a technology that can carry 1% of the weight of all the rocket. It means that 99% of the weight of the rocket is wasted. Space X targets is to reduce the waste of energy, capability,etc.

What I don’t understand is why they use a technology that can carry 1% of the weight of all the rocket. It means that 99% of the weight of the rocket is wasted. Space X targets is to reduce the waste of energy, capability,etc.

SLS estimate to be about $2 billion per launch while Starship’s goal is to try to get down to $1 million to launch…… quite the difference to say the least

Given the shear cost involved, I can’t see much future in any system that isn’t reusable, if the goal is to make regular flights viable.

Watched the take off (in awe) and still am amazed at how smooth the journey went so far. What an incredible team work all around the globe. Time to start dreaming again ...

Here's a dB meter, quite a long way from the launch pad. The rocket was only slightly louder than the screaming woman!

Back
Top Bottom