ART SLA-2 Really Hot after practice.......Normal?

VHDon

Inspired
So after a month with the Ultra, I finally replaced the QSC 1450 I pulled from the PA with a new SLA-2. I've got it in a 4U SKB Roto Rack. First practice last night (3 hours) with the SLA-2 on bottom, Ultra in middle two, and Furman PC on top. At the end of practice the SLA-2 was so hot I couldn't touch the front faceplate, and it made the Ultra hot as well (even the grab-bars on the front were hot). Wow....is this to be expected?

I've read all the old posts regarding this, and a lot of people state it shouldn't be getting that hot, putting it on bottom or next to the Ultra shouldn't be an issue, etc. But is this what's going to be normal for this? I can see putting it in the top slot, but it's still going to be blazing hot......

Is this something I should just accept?

Do not accept because it is not normal! Maybe a fan issue. It is still working !!! :eek:

Bring it back and ask for a another one!

I've used mine on a couple of 3 hour rehearsals . Volume was at about 2/3 in stereo . Not hot to the touch !
It was in a 4 space rack with Axefx .

VHDon said:
So after a month with the Ultra, I finally replaced the QSC 1450 I pulled from the PA with a new SLA-2. I've got it in a 4U SKB Roto Rack. First practice last night (3 hours) with the SLA-2 on bottom, Ultra in middle two, and Furman PC on top. At the end of practice the SLA-2 was so hot I couldn't touch the front faceplate, and it made the Ultra hot as well (even the grab-bars on the front were hot). Wow....is this to be expected?

I've read all the old posts regarding this, and a lot of people state it shouldn't be getting that hot, putting it on bottom or next to the Ultra shouldn't be an issue, etc. But is this what's going to be normal for this? I can see putting it in the top slot, but it's still going to be blazing hot......

Is this something I should just accept?

What load are you driving it at 4,8,16 Ohm?

It should get pretty warm when pushing it hard with an 8 Ohm load but not to the point that you can't touch it... that's not good. obvious things to check make sure the fan is working, good ventilation front and back.

I had the same problem, the one that i had even at idle the amp was freaking hot, you can cook egg on top of it. I was so worried that it will damage my Axe Fx. So I returned it. The company that build this SLA has a very poor workmanship. My amp when it arreived it had two loose screws in the front face it was humming I found out that the shielded wire is reversed and it was under the transformer. I'm just wondering they don't even test these amps for sure. I'm so disappointed.

I would be on the phone with ART letting them know about your issues including workmanship and dissatisfaction . ART has been around for quite a wile and I doubt they would sit on their hands with issues like this, to much competition in this arena.

Squeaky wheel get's the grease.

Back
Top Bottom