ART SLA-2 Question

In case anyone is interested, I got a reply from ART... They said 16 ohms per channel would work fine. You get 105 watts RMS per channel, I think that's a pretty big drop from 8 ohms.

hankstone said:
In case anyone is interested, I got a reply from ART... They said 16 ohms per channel would work fine. You get 105 watts RMS per channel, I think that's a pretty big drop from 8 ohms.

It is still pretty loud even just befor peek give it a try, I think you will be surprised. Unless you play at ear bleed levels it sohould be enough amp. The headroom is what your going to be lacking. You could rewire your cabs to be 4 ohm loads and push the amp a bit harder but I would not run it bridged it with that load.

It's one 2x12 cab with 16 ohm speakers, doesn't that have to be 16 ohm in stereo? I don't care about separation... just want to remove any issues with stereo patches. I'm not the greatest at tweaking so I'm relying on others patches as a starting point.

hankstone said:
It's one 2x12 cab with 16 ohm speakers, doesn't that have to be 16 ohm in stereo? I don't care about separation... just want to remove any issues with stereo patches. I'm not the greatest at tweaking so I'm relying on others patches as a starting point.

Ok, then yes your right. Thought we were talking 412's. You can also use (output 1 L+R sum) in the I/O menue on the audio page to run mono and accomplish the same thing ;)

Then going back to your OP you won't have any issues with running your cab in that manor. Just keep the little red light on the amp from comming on and your speakers will thank you :lol: Just to add to this I have a pair of 16 ohm 412 cabs that I run in stereo and it still gets plenty loud enough to gig with.

hankstone said:
Ah... Now there is answer, if it's working for you it should be fine for me.

I guess... though I won't be the first to tell you that opinions very :lol: In all seriousness if your playing at a deacent gig volume you'll be fine. If you going over the top volume you may want to look for more power.

hankstone said:
I'm using the sum deal now, but want stereo only to avoid the issues the sum feature has.
Not to hijack but can you elaborate on what the issue is with the sum feature? We can take it to PM if that's more appropriate. Thanks.

I have read that it can cause phasing issues with some stereo effects and "can" sound bad. So far i haven't had a problem...

Back
Top Bottom