ART SLA-2 Power Amp

Felix said:
Thx!
I don't really have/need stereo patches atm. IMO that only makes sense with two cabs.

The effect will certainly be greater with 2 cabs but if all it takes is an extra cable I'd take it even if the difference isn't very pronounced. Not neccesary though if you don't care about that.

Felix said:
If I'd run the SLA1 in stereo I'd have 2x 100W @ 8 Ohms -> 200W
But how much power has the SLA 1 using the bridged mode and plugged into the 16Ohm input of the 1960?

The available power will be exactly the same in those 2 scenarios: 100W per channel into 8 Ohm = 200W bridged into 16 Ohm.
Bridging amplifier channels doubles the available voltage swing at the output but the current capability remains the same so you can just add the power for the 2 channels if the bridged load impedance is also doubled from a single channel.

S.R.

I'm so lazy, I've not yet even gotten the cable or necessary doodads to make the cable. With no pending band practice, I've barely even picked up the guitar (I'm a shitty guitar player). I need to fiddling with sounds and learning new songs. MEH!

Is anyone has got art sla 2 connected to the cabinet and could take a picture of it so I can see how it looks?

So I just got my AxeFX ultra and a ART SLA2, however the ART SLA2 doesn't appear to have banana clip connectors, and only speaker binding posts.

It looks like this:
j11t9i.jpg

Am I missing something? Does someone have a similar unit and the bindings screw off to expose the banana adapters. If I have to splice my banana clip ->1/4 to expose the bare wires (and only use the speaker post/euroclip) its kind of a deal breaker if I am going to gig with this setup.

Thanks in advance.

xenovis said:
So I just got my AxeFX ultra and a ART SLA2, however the ART SLA2 doesn't appear to have banana clip connectors, and only speaker binding posts.

It looks like this:
j11t9i.jpg

Am I missing something? Does someone have a similar unit and the bindings screw off to expose the banana adapters. If I have to splice my banana clip ->1/4 to expose the bare wires (and only use the speaker post/euroclip) its kind of a deal breaker if I am going to gig with this setup.

Thanks in advance.

The red/black posts are the banana plug inputs - there're caps on those. Remove them and you'll see what I mean. :)

mikeyen said:
xenovis said:

It looks like this:
j11t9i.jpg

Thanks in advance.

The red/black posts are the banana plug inputs - there're caps on those. Remove them and you'll see what I mean. :)

1308831460_cd698b82b4.jpg

Sixstring said:
mikeyen said:
xenovis said:

It looks like this:
j11t9i.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Six you had the problem with sla didnt you? did you got it fixed so there is no hum at all?

1308831460_cd698b82b4.jpg

Is it possible to run it in stereo in the rehersal room and mono at home by using only one speaker cable without unplugging the other one?

sickindian said:
Six you had the problem with sla didnt you? did you got it fixed so there is no hum at all?

Nope... never had a hum problem. I read a post where someone did have a hum issue and went inside the SLA and moved a wire that ether ran under or right next to the Toridal transformer and that fixed his problem.

It never fixed my 100% but it was damn close if not warranty I would repair it myself ( I would extend cables and move them far from toroidal and probably do some shielding inside).

sickindian said:
It never fixed my 100% but it was damn close if not warranty I would repair it myself ( I would extend cables and move them far from toroidal and probably do some shielding inside).
I had to do a little repair work on mine when I bought it back from a board member that had sustained a little damage when I shipped it to him. When I opened it up I noticed that the wires seamed to be awfully close to the transformer. I just snipped the zip tie and moved them away, it didn't change anything but I thought it would be best to move them anyhow.

So have you moved the SLA away from the Axe and loose some of that noise? I have mine in a 4 space rack and the SLA-2 is in the bottom slot, then there is 1 space (empty) the Axe sits in the top 2. I have no noise issues. Maybe the Toroid tranny is too close and some of those magnetic fields are being picked up by the Axe?

Edge59 said:
So have you moved the SLA away from the Axe and loose some of that noise? I have mine in a 4 space rack and the SLA-2 is in the bottom slot, then there is 1 space (empty) the Axe sits in the top 2. I have no noise issues. Maybe the Toroid tranny is too close and some of those magnetic fields are being picked up by the Axe?

No that's not the case it happens like that SLA2>Speaker as simple as...

I would like you guys to check this out and tell me your thoughts about it:
http://www.markertek.co.uk/Samson-200-W ... 20201a.htm

Cheers
Adrian

sickindian said:
Edge59 said:

No that's not the case it happens like that SLA2>Speaker as simple as...

I would like you guys to check this out and tell me your thoughts about it:
http://www.markertek.co.uk/Samson-200-W ... 20201a.htm

Cheers
Adrian

Samson isn't a bad product I'd give it a shot if I hadn't seen the ART. It just needs a extra 100 watts :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom