Arjen Lucassen Tone

Meaty, but then again, even if you record two tracks with the same "metal" preset on any modeler (including Line 6 stuff), and then put them together, they'll sound very meaty too. Try it, if you haven't tried it. Dial in a somewhat decent tone on any amp or modeler, record twice (with click, obviously, it has to be tight, otherwise it'll sound like shit), then superimpose. For some reason, simply running two amps in the same preset does not have the same effect.

Really?
I think Argen is a very good guitar player!
But I feel when he writes he just has the big picture in mind.
Same with his tone he is definitely looking for something but does not seem to obsess over it, he will just double track triple track whatever.
Even in the studio I believe he has gone direct with the POD and also run it through the loop of whatever amp and cab and recorded that way also (As he pretty much said in the video)
He has used the Line 6 POD 2.0 allot not just on his recordings but also live. If you check out the live Stream of Passion album, he is playing his POD through the effects loop of his Mesa Rectifier and Lori Linstruth is playing her POD through the loop of Arjen's Marshall (that he loaned her) I may have who used what reversed.
Live Star One, not really sure what he used but pretty sure the POD was there again.

I like his tone, people could argue but I think it fits the mood of his compositions.
BUT I believe he has a Axe Fx II now, so I'm interested in the next project (Actually I'm interested in anything he does)

John

Back
Top Bottom