Are Vintage Guitars (UK based company) any good?

If it helps, there was an article in last months guitarist magazine about the Vintage Proshop V72 custom build. It got a good write up a score of 9/10.

I own a Vintage V100GT. IMO, they seem to be on par with Epiphone in quality, etc. Fret work and playability are great, and the hardware passable, I have upgraded the pickups, pots and wiring in mine, but using the original hardware (tuners, bridge, stoptail). All in all a good all around guitar that can be gigged and not worried about.

I own a Vintage V100GT. IMO, they seem to be on par with Epiphone in quality, etc. Fret work and playability are great, and the hardware passable, I have upgraded the pickups, pots and wiring in mine, but using the original hardware (tuners, bridge, stoptail). All in all a good all around guitar that can be gigged and not worried about.
Quite a step down from what Epiphone offer today.

A few years back I saw some version of the band Saxon (I think the original guitarist's new band?) where the lead guitarist played a Vintage LP style guitar and live it sounded amazing. Being a massive LP fan I pushed my way to the front of the stage, thinking that the guitar was a lemon burst Gibson only to see it was a cheap (kind of) copy. But it sounded superb. At rock festival volumes.

A few years back I saw some version of the band Saxon (I think the original guitarist's new band?) where the lead guitarist played a Vintage LP style guitar and live it sounded amazing. Being a massive LP fan I pushed my way to the front of the stage, thinking that the guitar was a lemon burst Gibson only to see it was a cheap (kind of) copy. But it sounded superb. At rock festival volumes.
My favorite solo is the end of "Sixth Form Girls", just a great feel on that track. I had Strong Arm on tape back in the early 80's when I was teaching guitar on the side. Kid's seemed learn best when they can play songs they like, in my experience. They are going to be live in PA near Philly on Wednesday May 8, I think I saw. Keswick Theater.

Back
Top Bottom