Are the mics sims IR's ?

I got the impression that they weren't but I could be wrong :?

I might have misunderstood, it was when he first added 1024 point IRs and people were asking if the mic sims needed to be improved and the answer was no, I guess I just presumed from this that the Mics were EQ rather than IR.... I'm pretty sure Cliff mentioned some "special" tech here as well...

xpenno said:
I got the impression that they weren't but I could be wrong :?

I might have misunderstood, it was when he first added 1024 point IRs and people were asking if the mic sims needed to be improved and the answer was no, I guess I just presumed from this that the Mics were EQ rather than IR.... I'm pretty sure Cliff mentioned some "special" tech here as well...

From Cliff:

The cab and mic IR's are separate. When the cab and/or mic type are changed a composite IR is made by convolving the two. The result is a single IR that is then convolved with the audio stream.

I don't recall that post about mic sims being improved, but probably what he meant was that increasing the number of samples on the mic sims wouldn't result in any audible difference.

javajunkie said:
I don't recall that post about mic sims being improved, but probably what he meant was that increasing the number of samples on the mic sims wouldn't result in any audible difference.
That's exactly what he said. The question back then was if the mic sims should, like the IRs, be increased and he answered that there would be no real audible difference.

Back
Top Bottom