Are the mic sims needed with a FRFR setup

aussiejoe

Inspired
I was scrolling thru the bank presets and noticed that a lot of the cab sims dont have mic sims associated with the cabs.

Ill be using studio monitors and Im wondering if the mic sims are needed to get the best tones out of each preset
thks

Hey aussiejoe,

The mic sim doesn't have to be turned on. The sims are there to flavor your tone the they the real mic's would. You have full control :)

Cheers

I'm in the camp that believes that adding the colorations of mics to the cab sim is not only unnecessary, but detrimental.

Many people here like the mic sims, but most are aware that they're simply applying a "color" that they happen to like.

Unlike a conventional guitar amp that requires a mic to get it's sound into the board, the Axe has no such requirement.

absolutely true, but also remember good is good, if your not trying to sound like an unmic'd uncolored cab and your goal is just to get a particular sound, then if the mic sim helps you by all means use it, its a good tool to get unique sounds and i promise that 99% of the audience wont care/notice if a sound is colored or unmic'd. Completely personal preference, just playing the devils advocate.

If it sounds good, feels good, it's good. If it sounds bad, feels bad, it's bad.

Trust your ears.

Period. :D

Back
Top Bottom