Are most of you gigging with your FM9's?

I gigged for several years with my Axe Fx 2XL, then went back to using tube amps and a Pedalboard for several years. We recently started using IEMs and I really wanted to get back to a stereo signal chain. I purchased an FM9T and two of the Fender FR-12s and couldn’t be happier. 6 gigs so far with this rig, and I’m really enjoying it. Really streamlined my rig and made load in/load out much simpler and faster. I play my guitars, acoustics and lap steel through the FM9T and they all sound phenomenal. Glad to be back in the Fractalverse!

I'd love to know your Fractal settings for your mandolin Playing.
This is from my FM3 but should work of FM9. I just added the cab block yesterday try it with and without and see what you think.
I keep the same presets on both units as BU and the FM3 was currently set up.
I did this for you because I've received so much help here I should contribute something back.

Attachments

• MANDO.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 3
Wow, I would love to se a pic of your presets for The mandy and dobro. I have wanted to try my uke's, mandy's and acoustics thru it but have been slammed.....
From my FM3 but will work. I posted the mando here as well. Try it with and without the cab block.

Attachments

• Deluxe DOBRO.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 2
  • MANDO.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 3
Zero failures gigging FAS gear since 2011. I am currently using the FM9 Turbo with an added FC6 after having relied on pretty much every version of Axe FX from the Ultra through the III Mk II. Also used the AX-8 for a period in there.

Fractal gear is used by major acts around the world where it has to be right, night after night. It’s up to any musical challenge you might put to it, and as reliable as anything you could use.

You’ll be living a supremely blessed gigging life if you ever find your biggest worry is whether or not your FM9 is going to work tonight.

Anyone using one of those shield/protectors?

How do you like that protector? Still easy to make adjustments, press switches etc?
Yup, I have the old sneeze guard on mine, very easy to use the controls, although when pressing the buttons you are pushing into a hole. I don't even notice it, tbh.

Gigging with Rush, Police, Pink Floyd Tributes on guitar and auditioned to play bass for the local Yes Tribute playing bass. So yep, using the absolute hell out of mine. Rush Trib I run my midi bass pedals through it for processing, Floyd Trib has a Slide guitar and a keyboard run through and for Police gig I use an FC-6 for additional control for delay blocks. Every FOH guy comments how they wish everyone would send tone the way I do with no amp in backline. Brilliant.

This thing is money in the bank.

Gig 5-6 times per month and practices too. It is so solid and reliable, I feel spoiled!! Big shows are great to as I just tell them to plug me in to FOH and go!

I was on the list to get mine from the get go. I gig with it once every week. I was hesitant to put the latest software update on but I did and I have had no problems with software or hardware. These are very good units and very sturdy. Go getcha one.

I've done multiple gigs with with my FM3 and just played my first gig with my FM9 (I only just got this). I also rehearse with these twice weekly.

I'd say these devices are rock solid, but I have had a couple of issues (I feel like I've had bad luck) which I don't believe were my fault.

1. My FM3 has froze up on me once in a rehearsal and then about a month ago the switches repeatedly became unresponsive during a gig. The unit worked fine, but the switches would respond. I restarted twice during the gig (not fun since it takes much longer after the Dynacab update). When it happened again, I just limped through the rest of the gig reaching down and switching scenes with the Value knob (also not fun).

I contacted support and they recommended I send it in. Apparently there is a known defect they can fix by swapping a component, but to be honest I could not get it to freeze again after that experience. The other guitarist in the band said that he things there was some dirty power at the venue we played, which support said could have contributed to it.

Since I've got the FM9, I'm just using this for back-up now, so haven't sent it in

2. I've only played the one gig with the FM9. I did have an odd thing happen during the last song of our first set. For some reason, when I hit the switch for my lead scene (scene 3) it went to my clean scene (scene 5). It did it continually. During the break, I restarted the device during our set break and it functioned perfectly for the rest of the gig. I was in the middle of a gig so didn't get a chance to figure out exactly what was going on with it, but haven't had the issue since.
Anyway, based on what I've heard, my experience is not normal. I plan to continue gigging with my FM9 as my primary rig.

Back
Top Bottom