Are any AFII users keeping their Ultra as a secondary processor?

DrB

I love my AFII but am finding it hard to part with the Ultra. Been experimenting with using the Ultra as an FX insert and was wondering if anyone's doing the same.
Maybe some dual processor "super patches" are in the works?

I was glad I held onto mine when the power supply in my Axe-II failed a day before a gig a couple of weeks ago. I had to program 23 presets in one day but the Ultra performed really well on the night. Now I'm going to keep it loaded with up to date presets for my band in case I need it again.

Kept my Ultra as a backup for six months, then succumbed to the call of the II. The biggest issue for me was that the Ultra couldn't run patches from the II and I didnt want the hassle of trying to match.

I just sold my Ultra, Was going to keep it as a live rig setup, But ended up deciding that when I start playing live to just get another II.

Keeping my Ultra even though i use a II. Still have an Eleven Rack also. Find it hard to part with any gear.

I'm getting my II pretty soon but will hang on to my Ultra. From what I've heard so far, I prefer the Recto models on Ultra. Also, Ultra was one piece of gear I wanted so friggin bad. Won't part with it now!

keeping mine at the moment. Still deciding whether to use both at once (one for each out of my stereo ward guitar) or just try to rationalize my effects IAs into two parallel chains on the Axe II. I wish there was more CPU limit in the two as my patches always need to be simplified due to processor overload but thats because I'm processing two entirely different chains at once, each with a pedalboard setup. I'm hanging onto the ultra for now, because I can't be bothered with the hassle of selling through ebay and packaging. Carrying two axes around also gets heavy in the rack and I haven't figured out what I'd do in terms of foot switching. Of course all of this would be avoided if I didn't want a virtual pedalboard setup I just prefer it that way...

Back
Top Bottom