Are All Stock Cabs/Mix already UltraRes?

Andre Antunes

Inspired
Hello guys, still haven't downloaded the latest firmware but I have this question. Are all Stock or Mix cabs already "UltraRes"? Or do I have to download UltraRes IRs in order to use this new technology?

Thanks a lot!

The firmware 13 download comes with a few UltraRes cabs in the zip folder. I think the stock/mix cabs are still in their original resolution.

Stock Cabs are "normal res". In the new firmware zip file there are a number of UltraRes cabs attached. Cliff also posted some other UltraRes cabs here. Otherwise there are a new OH pack for purchase. If you have good enough wav-files the updated version of Cablab will be able to create UltraRes IRs (if I understood everything correct). There are currently a number of threads with info/questions/discussions so check them out.

The 33k files are .ir files that can be used for mixing them with the new Cab Lab when it comes out. The 11k files are the .syx files you can load with FractalBot or Axe-Edit. The current version of Cab Lab does not yet support the UltrRES cabs, so don't try to use that to load the files.

The 33k files are .ir files that can be used for mixing them with the new Cab Lab when it comes out. The 11k files are the .syx files you can load with FractalBot or Axe-Edit. The current version of Cab Lab does not yet support the UltrRES cabs, so don't try to use that to load the files.

excellent, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom