Appropriate midi-usb cable for Axe-Edit?

Wait a minute... don't you need an interface between the USB and the midi? Like a MidiSport 2x2 Ans. Ed. or something else that works?

Wait a minute... don't you need an interface between the USB and the midi? Like a MidiSport 2x2 Ans. Ed. or something else that works?

Yeah, that's what I wasn't sure about, whether or not I needed an interface or if a cable was sufficient.

It looks like it would be a lot more convenient than lugging my Firepod around. Can anyone confirm which USB midi cables have worked for them? Do the $5 cables on Amazon work or do you need to get the $39 M-Audio? or $29 EMU?

cheapest one off ebay (like $5) works fine for me for last few years on XP and Win7 32bit. Plug and play. It is a pretty low-risk buy and should save you some cash

I am using Win XP Pro and Win7 Ultimate, both x86. (Don't forget, you have to use the Vista drivers that CME provides, not the Windows default ones)

I am using Win XP Pro and Win7 Ultimate, both x86. (Don't forget, you have to use the Vista drivers that CME provides, not the Windows default ones)

Well I got the cable and tried it out, but it appears that the driver provided by CME is only for 32bit Windows, and I'm running 64bit. So... if anyone needs a lightly used USB-midi interface and is running 32bit Vista or Windows 7, feel free to contact me about it.

Does anyone know if they are planning on adding USB to this unit? It would be a greatly welcomed addition!
There is at least one long thread on this topic that you can search for. USB may be included in a future model.

I have bought CMEU2MIDI, but the driver does not install. They changed to V2, which has different HW ID. It works just OK for editing on the fly, but it fails sending sysex messages. I was trying to load my own IRs but I succeeded 1 times out of 100 tries with different settings - and even then, second try with the same settings was a fail. I have XP Pro and Axe Standard.

Back
Top Bottom