AOTW 5 ODS-100 CLEAN

Fabio KTG

Fractal Fanatic
I'm not posting Polls anymore, for the simple fact that people are happy to vote on the poll but then completely ignore the following week's winner, when they voted for it in the first place. I shall continue doing AotW until I think that interest has dipped, then I'll leave it to another member to pick up the gauntlet. To be blunt, if people can't be arsed, then why should I? That sounded douchey, but I thought that this was a great idea and so did everyone else, but as of yet, it's the same dozen or so people contributing and nobody else. Having said all that, here is my choice for week 5.

ODS-100 CLEAN (based on Dumble OD Special)

Amp: all models - Axe-Fx II Wiki (thanks Yek)

dumble-630-80.jpg

Those dumbles are still a bit of a mystery for me. I probably won't use an ODS model in my band, since I'm a metal guy, but the sound has something very unique. I've already tried some user-contributed patches and they were all very good, especially Paco's. I'll definitely follow this thread, so please you Dumble lovers, come share your wisdom!

And Fabio, yes this AOTW thing IS a very good idea!

Amp Of The Week. Fabio's great, community-spirited initiative to highlight a different amp model each week and get people to share their tips, recordings, presets, etc.

That's a fine idea, I'll keep an eye out for more of these posts. Anyway I can help?

Amp Of The Week. Fabio's great, community-spirited initiative to highlight a different amp model each week and get people to share their tips, recordings, presets, etc.

All credit goes to MesaGuitarGuy for the concept, I just got the ball rolling.

you know I didn't even see the discussion about the Friedman, I voted for it. Love it, got a lot of compliments bout this week at the river bike festival in Laughlin, NV. If I would have seen the thread I would have joined in.

You can share any presets or tip, tricks and sound clips that you might have made.

Thanks for the support, everyone. :)

Cool! I will keep an eye out for amps I'm familiar with. Probably kind of lame, but I've only used about ten amp models in the six months I've had my Axe. There are so many, it's overwhelming! But now I have amp 11 to try :D.

While I've never understood the allure of Dumble, I'd be glad to hear what others have for tweaking tips.

(Or a weak excuse for a bump...)

While I've never understood the allure of Dumble, I'd be glad to hear what others have for tweaking tips.

(Or a weak excuse for a bump...)

I'm guessing it's a much different feel in person, but from the videos I've seen and playing around with the Axes recreation today, I don't either. It sounds great, but doesn't sound particularly unique to my ears. I can't imagine what characteristics it has that makes the prices worth it. Anyone here ever play a real one? What did you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Please let presets, tips and tricks coming for this amp... I never was able to tweak a good tone out of this one.. so im sure its pilot error. must be a great tone in there somewhere.

Please let presets, tips and tricks coming for this amp... I never was able to tweak a good tone out of this one.. so im sure its pilot error. must be a great tone in there somewhere.

Really? Wow, I'm love, love, loving this amp! :) I'll try to get something recorded in the next couple of days to see if anyone is interested in the preset.

Fabio, suggestion for next AOTW: Badger 30. It's killin' it for me. Thanks!

Really? Wow, I'm love, love, loving this amp! :) I'll try to get something recorded in the next couple of days to see if anyone is interested in the preset.

Fabio, suggestion for next AOTW: Badger 30. It's killin' it for me. Thanks!

Preset away!!! thanks ;)

Please keep AOTW going, Fabio. Don't have enough time to participate (WAY too much work at the moment) but I find these threads extremely useful and will bookmark them for the future. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom