Anyway to recover a corrupt preset?

Synchronicity

Inspired
Hi there

One of my presets has become corrupted somehow, I was editing and using it fine earlier today... then I tried to do a backup of my preset banks, and it would freeze at a certain point.

I narrowed it down to patch number 43, which I cannot load in axe-edit even anymore.

I think frac-tool may be able to allow me to atleast see the blocks again to try and recreate the patch, but if there is another way that would be ideal.

Thanks!

If can reboot the unit while holding RECALL, this creates an initialized preset that you should be able to store overtop of the problem preset. Then, refer to an older backup copy to rebuild it. If you don't have an old backup, just write down the settings before erasing the preset.

Thanks

Actually shortly after I made the post about the issue, the axe fx reverted to getting stuck/freezing at boot, where the screen would be all garbled and all the metering lights would stay fully lit-up.

Holding RECALL while turning on the unit got me past that, but when I tried to save the empty preset on the problem slot through axe-edit I would just get a timeout error about unable to query preset, or I think it may have mentioned preset recall as part of the error too.

I've noticed more axe-edit > axe fx timeouts during recording in the last few weeks too, I wonder if this could all be related? Perhaps it may be worth restoring to factory and reupdating? I don't think i've ever fully reset the unit in the 3-4 years I've owned the unit.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom