Anyone using the FX8 in front of an amp only?

naka2112

Inspired
Just curious if anyone is only using the fx8 in front of the amp, and using the distortions solely from the FX8.

On a clean setting, does it sound good when all the effects are before the preamp? I've always run time based effects after the preamp, even on clean channels.

I'm running mine into a vintage AC30 at the moment. And, yes, it sounds terrific. However, I'm not using death-metal distortion going into a delicate reverb. So, take my experience(s) for whatever they are worth.

I run everything out front. But I have always run my effects that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although I always use the 4 CM, I put all the effects pre for my U2 tribute band. This is the Vox vintage way and it sounds cool and right. For my other bands I put effects pre AND post.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G928F mit Tapatalk

i run mine in front of my redplate blackloop 1x12 and it sounds fantastic. i run the amp totally clean and get all of my OD from the FX8

I run mine in from of either a Red Plate CD2 or a Two Rock 22pro. Amps clean all effects including dirt from the FX8.
It sounds great.
If you are interested I can send you links of lousy iPhone videos of my cover band so you get an idea of the variety of tones I get live.

I run mine in from of either a Red Plate CD2 or a Two Rock 22pro. Amps clean all effects including dirt from the FX8.
It sounds great.
If you are interested I can send you links of lousy iPhone videos of my cover band so you get an idea of the variety of tones I get live.

Hey I want your links too, can I have?

Back
Top Bottom