Anyone using Presonus Eris monitors w/ their Fractal?

TheOmegaPoint

I've been in the market for some new studio monitors lately, just trying to upgrade my home setup piece by piece as time goes on. I think my initial plan was to shoot for some Yamaha HS monitors, but I've been seeing some great deals on Presonus Eris monitors lately, and I'm starting to get that little voice in my head that's telling me it's a good idea because I could save quite a bit of money. For example, right now the Eris E8 is on sale for almost half the price of the Yamaha HS8 - $187 vs $349 (although I'm not sure I need drivers that big, but that was just an example).

I'm not a professional, so I'm not looking for anything higher end, I'm just a regular guy, with a mediocre paying job, who likes guitar/recording/building my home studio as a hobby. So when I see a chance at some savings, it catches my attention, but it's also a juggling act with not wanting to buy something cheap that's going to need to be replaced in the near future too, because that winds up being an ever bigger waste of money. My example here are my current monitors, which are some cheap 3" M-Audios (my poor, poor AX8), which are a remnant from the days when I didn't quite know what I was doing yet, but I've since learned some lessons about future-proofing. Yeah I know, it's a disproportional pairing with the Fractal, but like I said, I'm upgrading piece by piece over time, and I'm just picking and choosing where to go step by step, and now it's time to address the monitors. Anyway.

I feel like somehow along the way I've picked up the idea that Presonus is a decent brand, but I've never actually heard the Eris monitors, and the music stores in my area don't have any for me to listen to. So just wondering if anyone has anything they can add in general, but also more specifically if anyone is using them with a Fractal by any chance. I'm not looking for anyone to tell me what to buy, I'll decide on my own. I'm just looking for general discussion if anyone has used these before. Whatever monitors I wind up getting will probably be my main output for my AX8. I know FRFRs are recommended, but I've got to pick and choose, and I'm going with a pair of studio monitors because I do most of my playing at my recording desk. Thanks a bunch, guys.

I have the Eris 8's they rock. I a/b'd them at Guitar Center vs. LSR3 series, Rockits, Yamaha's you name it with my high quality MP3's across genre's. In my opinion they are fantastic value/performance for money. I like that they are front ported so that you get them nice and close to the wall, they are crazy loud, look great. I use them every day sometimes run my AX8 through them other times run my music or backing tracks through them when I run my ax8 through my floor wedges....you won't be disappointed.

Cool, thanks for the info! That's good to hear. Yeah I wish I was able to hear them in person, my local store has the Yamahas, Rokits, and some Mackies but that's it. So basically I've just been gathering info online, but I've found that there are a lot more people talking about Yamaha/JBL/KRK than Presonus haha. I'm definitely intrigued, especially since they're on sale at the moment. They have a pretty solid build, yeah? I'm starting to put pieces in place that I hope last for quite a while.

I guess I can't ask anything too specific about how they sound, cause that can all be affected by the particular room setup, but when you were A/Bing stuff, did you notice anything that particularly stood out? Like when I heard the Yamahas vs the Rokits, the Rokits obviously had a bass boost, and in comparison it made the Yamahas sound like they had a mid boost. I wonder how the Eris would have fit in there. Also I don't know how close you have them, but you do notice any hissing or noise coming from them when they're on? Anyway yeah, I appreciate the feedback either way.

Also I don't know how close you have them, but you do notice any hissing or noise coming from them when they're on?

I have a pair of E8s, they do hiss a bit, when I'm close and listen attentively I can hear it. When I'm at my normal position (1-1.5 m away), I don't hear anything at the levels of up to 90 dB or so.

I'm not sure though what hissing I hear and whether that's from the monitors themselves, the sound card or the monitor controller - all of these are in the signal chain and all contribute some noise.

I have the Eris 8's they rock. I a/b'd them at Guitar Center vs. LSR3 series, Rockits, Yamaha's you name it with my high quality MP3's across genre's. In my opinion they are fantastic value/performance for money. I like that they are front ported so that you get them nice and close to the wall, they are crazy loud, look great. I use them every day sometimes run my AX8 through them other times run my music or backing tracks through them when I run my ax8 through my floor wedges....you won't be disappointed.
How translate with your Atomic Clr? Need studio monitors but want to translate well with Atomic CLR that is my main reference live.

Go for the prosonus specters if you can swing it. They are the coaxial design and have amazing stereo imaging.

I got a pair of s6 used for $600 shipped on eBay

Back
Top Bottom