Anyone using fuzzes or drive pedals with Axe II?

One of the greatest benefit to Pete's pedals is the buffer design. Sounds crazy, but I like the sound and more importantly the feel of playing through the pedal better than straight into the amp. I find this to be the case with the AxeII also.

This is a good point about pedals in general, and especially fuzz pedals (IMHO). It's one thing to dial in a drive block to get in the ball park to sounding like an analog pedal, but getting it to feel and react to playing and volume/tone adjustments from the guitar seems to be where I fall short. I notice how adept some of the players on this board are with using the Axe to mimic certain pedals/FX (javajunkie for instance)- I'm not there yet. Not sure if this is something that can be changed or improved upon by cliff or if it's more about dialing deeper with what's there.

I have one question about using a drive pedal through the Axe: I am using the Brunetti Mercury box through an overdriven amp. But I get feedback very quickly when pushing in the pedal.
Do you always use the external drive pedal through a clean amp? Or how do you handle the quick hard to control feedback?

when running a pedal in front, what does your axe layout look like? Just input to amp and cab and whatever effects you want?

Not sure if this directed towards me. But if so. Yes, just guitar-Brunetti pedal-Axe fx (amp-cab-effects) then to Matrix power amp and 2 Mesa Thiele cabs.

Yeah anybody, I just wanted to see how they had them used. I love my satchurator for pointless, egregious shredding between songs to piss off the rest of the band, and now I can have it!

Not sure if this directed towards me. But if so. Yes, just guitar-Brunetti pedal-Axe fx (amp-cab-effects) then to Matrix power amp and 2 Mesa Thiele cabs.

Back
Top Bottom