Anyone using a JamHub?

L

luke

We have two Axe IIs and a Roland TD-20 kit so I'm seriously considering it.

I have used one in the past with a 5-piece band (2 guitars, bass, drums & vox). It did what it was supposed to do. I ran my guitar through a Boss ME-50 into the JamHub and it sounded good enough for rehearsal. I imagine with the Axe you can get it to sound really good. The ability to control your own mix was nice. The rehearsals were essentially silent except for the vocals. I'm not a fan of using headphones, but that was the only real drawback for me.

yep have the bedroom model, have had for a few years now (whenever it first came out). Used with many bands... I love it, some hate it. It separates the men from the boys in my opinion. really helps tighten the band. frustrating at times when people dont "get it" and how to mix properly, and the drummer always asking me every time "so you are in channel?....." other than that... great.

I've been using our firestudio with a few headphone amps for individual mixes, much like the jamhub and it's been really productive. I can imagine that the jamhub would be much faster to work with.

Hey Luke! I have the bedroom model one that I bought when they first came out thinking my band would use it but we only used it once. Not that it was bad or anything, only because the drummer didn't want to commit to an electronic set. So its been sitting in the box practically brand new. If you're interested pm me.

ed

Thanks for the offer but we are considering the TourBus to record new song ideas, since we are 100% original.

Our drummer is totally committed to the electronic set, he has his own TD-10, but my son's TD-20 is already here, set up and actually larger.

17e1cabe.jpg

Absolutely the best thing for rehearsals! We're a 5 piece band, so we have the green room version. The 7th out goes to a fostex digital recorder.

Couple tips:
the 1/4" inputs are trs, so get some good stereo cables and use the headphone out of the axe 2.

Get good quality headphones. I use fidelity custom in ears.

Either give everybody a mic or use a room mic. We use an mxr 990 (i think) in the middle if the room. This is so you can talk to eachother without yelling.

Pan the guitars hard left and right so you can tell them apart. There's no eq on the jamhub, so it's way way easier to get a decent mix utilizing the stereo field.

We love it so much that we're thinking of velcroing it to a rack tray and building a wireless system around it for live use. Happy jamming!

Back
Top Bottom