Anyone using a Gator G-PRO-4U-13 Pro Series Shallow Rack Case

I have a Gator GR-Retrorack-4BK 4U Case. It's almost the same exact dimensions as the Gator G-PRO-4U-13 that you are asking about.

I love the retro look of it. I have a Furman Power Conditioner in the 1U rack space. I run my Axe-Fx III with a RJM Mastermind GT22, so in the back of the rack, I have the power supply for the GT22 and RJM Phantom Power Box. I run my AF3 in slave mode, so the GT22 has full control over the AF3. A single 7 pin midi cable goes to my board. It's an awesome setup.

I have attached pictures for reference.

Attachments

• IMG_8115.jpg
    IMG_8115.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_8116.jpg
    IMG_8116.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_8117.jpg
    IMG_8117.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 217
How do you like it?
What do you have in the 1U space?
Thanks
I have one of these. I have a Matrix GT1000 in the extra space. Good case, perfect to sit on an on stage amp stand I use. The standard depth rack are too deep and the rack doesn't sit securely. Overall it does it's job without issue.

I do indeed have the G-PRO-4U-13.
I also have the Gator Rack Bag thing in a 4U.
Both work just fine and I do like the G-PRO 4U better.
I have a Livewire 8+1 power strip in the extra space to power other stuff live like a laptop, Headrush cabs etc...

I have a short 4u gator rack similar to the one you are asking about one and love it
In my top 1U space I have my Shure PGXD4 wireless receiver in the right side and a Atlas Power APS15HR Power Conditioner on the left

It was one of the only 1/2 rack Power distribution units I could find and its nice having extra AC plugs in the back as My rack is next to my bands mixer since I use the AxeFx for vocal effects as well as my guitar. My rig and the PA are all on the same circuit == not 60hz ground loop and hum

I have the Gator GR4S standard shallow.
Added a Furman PLPlus DMC along with the Axe III.

Love having the Furman's lights to illuminate the front of the unit in the dark.

Recently been considering going to a 6 or 8U and adding an AC Infinity Cloudplate 1U intake & exhaust top and bottom. Just to move some air. Not that heat has been a problem, but ya never know.

Also love the Retrorack look, though they're not meant for leaving the house/studio. The style is awesome looking.

Last edited:
I own one and I have a gripe ... this thing is slippery ... I swear it has an eject button on it it slides off my cart so easy. Back in the before times when II played out that is.

I've been thinking about getting rubber strips to help it not slide off all the time. I'm going to keep it, but if I knew what I know now I would have gotten something else that wasn't coated in greased lightning.

I have the Shure GXD wireless in the one space.

I may have missed this in the manual... TL;DR?

Yeah I had a Kemper back in the day and I ran it in slave mode. (Essentially Slave Mode means that the Mastermind GT/LT/PBC has control over the Axe-Fx / Kemper and you can program the MMGT to turn on/off any combination of effects in said devices, regardless of their states on the actual units. It's an awesome feature and I literally use the same Preset when building out all my songs.

I use mine for an amp. Works great. I would gig with it as well, as long as I transported it & not a roadie.

Hi guys,

I thought I revive this thread. I'm thinking about buying the 4u version of this case and just wanted to ask, I've got an IO panel that I screw into the rear rack rails. Is there enough room at the back with the Axe sitting on the bottom? I'm worried about the heat shrink of all my IO tails hitting the back of the axe.

Thanks guys

Paul

Hi guys,

I thought I revive this thread. I'm thinking about buying the 4u version of this case and just wanted to ask, I've got an IO panel that I screw into the rear rack rails. Is there enough room at the back with the Axe sitting on the bottom? I'm worried about the heat shrink of all my IO tails hitting the back of the axe.

Thanks guys

Paul
Not IMO. Its an inch or so from the back rails. I just re racked into a 6 space (same depth) to accommodate the Earmix 16.

Rack shelf
power strip
IEM / GTR Wireless
Axe III

Not IMO. Its an inch or so from the back rails. I just re racked into a 6 space (same depth) to accommodate the Earmix 16.

Rack shelf
power strip
IEM / GTR Wireless
Axe III
Thanks for the reply and the info much appreciated!

I thought it might be a little tight. I need 30mm minimum for the IO panel to fit back there. Oh well I'll have to think of another way. I'll probably get another power conditioner that is smaller length wise and put that at the bottom and the axe on top that way the IO panel will fit in there.

The Furman I currently have is on the blink anyway and I need to take it in for repair so this could be a good time to sort that!

Back
Top Bottom