Anyone using a 2x12 and a 4x12? How's this set up sound?

Invidious

Axefx Ultra through a mesa boogie 2:90 run stereo into a Krank Rev 4x12 with eminence V12s and a genz benz g-flex 2x12

Anyone else running a similar set up to this? How were the results?

yes. axe fx II with mesa 2:100 and 4 cabs. sounds amazing. really far too much for my needs these days, since I don't play out anymore. just a nice reminder of my old rig and when I used to play out. I control the output level from the axe, poweramp levels are at 25%. if I were to turn the axe fx output to 100%, I'd be deaf and homeless.

DSC_0758.JPG

Can't wait to give this a whirl next week, it's going to pound. I wonder if there's a way to use the crossover to route bassy tones to the krank and less bass to the genz benz

in the automotive pro-audio realm, I've heard of guys adding physical fass-filters to their subwoofers. never really researched the idea, and the concept of a pass filter being a physical electronic component seems kind of odd. though, I wouldn't be surprised if it existed.

I've run this rig with my 2:90 --yes, it will pound.

hard.

Axefx Ultra through a mesa boogie 2:90 run stereo into a Krank Rev 4x12 with eminence V12s and a genz benz g-flex 2x12

Anyone else running a similar set up to this? How were the results?

Yeah, I'm using an AxeII into a Mesa 2:100 Recto power amp. And that splits out to a Mesa Recto 4x12 with V30's, and to a Mesa Lonestar 2x12 with C90's.

With this setup it's really great to send a different amp block to each cab. My new favorite combo is the Friedman HBE (sent to the 4x12), and the Plexi 100w Jump. Heavy, dirty, and articulate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use to run my Ultra with the 50/50 and a pair of 2x12 w/V30 and greenbacks. Killer setup.

Still have the 50/50 and one cab w/V30 left, but don't use that setup anymore.

Used to run my 2 2x12 v30 cabs with a 2:90 but then switched to MATRIX GT1000FX due to weight and above all the color of the 2:90 (it does color the sound a lot).
Overall....very happy but i would be more happy to have 2 4x12" :mrgreen

Back
Top Bottom