anyone use the roland jc40 as a stage monitor?

fsharpminor

Inspired
Question says it all. My setup is always fm9 main stereo outs to FOH. Thats the sound to the audience. For the larger gigs im pretty much always on iems, but even then i use the ACS iems which are not totally closed so i like to feel the air move behind me (im old fashioned). I am interested in the idea of my stage monitoring being stereo without having to carry two amps or speakers around. Obviously it wont give a good stereo field or be anything like frfr (im not a fan of frfr), I am just wondering if anyone has tried either the front inputs via the preamp, or the rear power amp inputs? At the moment I have been sending a summed mono line to a seymour duncan powerstage and a cab (with the cab block removed from output 3 on the fm9), This works fine, but i am interestd in a compact stereo option. Any thoughts?

Sorry, no experience with the JC's (but free bump for you regardless).

I used to strongly dislike FRFRs too.

People might kick me for saying this but:

Buy a Fender FR-10 or 12 from somewhere with a good return policy and see what you think. If you hate them just take em back. To me and some others they have a very amp-like feel.

Sorry, no experience with the JC's (but free bump for you regardless).

I used to strongly dislike FRFRs too.

People might kick me for saying this but:

Buy a Fender FR-10 or 12 from somewhere with a good return policy and see what you think. If you hate them just take em back. To me and some others they have a very amp-like feel.
thanks for the advice, going to go and try them side by side and see which i prefer (ill report back)....have you tried the 10?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom