Anyone use power amp sims on with tube power?

rpurdue said:
Kriig said:
I use Mesa 50/50 poweramp, A pair of 2x12, with V30/G25.. Volum on the poweramp at 6, presence at 5, and power sim on. Cab sim after fx loop.. Loud enough :mrgreen:

Extremly happy with what comes out :D

So with usin power sims on with a tube power amp do you adjust the sag and damping?

Just tweak till it sounds good. Usually don´t touch sag, damp and depth. There are so many amps that sounds good here, so i don´t have to do that. If it misses out on something, i change amp or add eq... But i run the Mesa pretty clean, so the powersim gives more dirt, or more midgrowl etc. Depends of what the real amps characteristics are..

I went to a 412 loaded with Vintage 30s and G12H Heritage drivers, then run both R and L of my 2:90 into either side of the cab (which has a stereo split selector). For the 2:90, make sure set to "instrument" level, then try cranking the amp to drive the tubes until the tubes compress to taste. It's hard to drive the 2:90 in line level setting, it get loud and stays clean.

Kriig,
I am currently trying a Mesa 20/20, it seems bright compared to the 6L6 tubes. How do you like the 50/50? Have you A/B'd with any other MB amp?

Back
Top Bottom