Anyone use Boss GM-800 with FM9 or Axe-FX III?

Awesome! Maybe when you have a minute to spare sometime you could describe your setup. I’d appreciate any insight.

My setup is simple. I have 4 patches I use for gigs. The GM-800 is plugged into In3 of the FM9. In all 4 presets I have a Multiplexer right before Out1 - one channel is my existing signal path from In1 and the other is In3. I have a footswitch assigned to toggle between the two. At the moment, I never play guitar and synth stuff at the same time so this approach is pretty effective.

I don’t use any effects on the FM9 for the GM-800 because I tend to dial in the synth stuff sitting at my desk with a computer and the FM9 is not typically handy. Also, there’s really no need because the effect options on the GM-800 really are excellent.

I was an idiot last night though. Most songs I play one or the other so I only tap dance on either the FM9 for guitar stuff or the GM-800 for synth stuff. The songs where I switch between guitar and synth went fine until we did You’re all I’ve got tonight by the Cars. I sing backups on that one right where I have to switch from guitar to synth, switch synth settings, and switch back to guitar all while doing backups. I placed my mic far left for a change last night. Guess where the GM-800 was - if you guessed far right you are correct. Whoops. Aside from that, everything went great.

Lol.
So do I assume correctly that your guitar is cabled to both units (using the special Boss cable for the GM-800)?

Thanks. Very helpful. Out of curiosity, apart from the one you already mentioned, what songs do you use it for?

Counting Blue CarsDishwalla
Just Like HeavenThe Cure
SoulshineGov't Mule
TemptedSqueeze
Under PressureQueen
Voices CarryTil Tuesday
Every Breath You TakePolice
You Get What You GiveNew Radicals
You're All I've Got TonightThe Cars
In The DarkBilly Squier
Head Over HealsTears For Fears
Only The LonelyThe Motels