Anyone use an EVH Flanger?

gtrjunkie

Inspired
I'm thinking about adding a couple pedals. I have a Digitech Drop in front of the XL right now (great pedal BTW). I'm thinking about buying an EVH flanger and adding a BYOC Fuzz I still have. Does the EVH work well with the Axe-FX? Should it just go in front or in the FX loop? Thanks

I use to have that Flanger but never used it with the Axe Fx. Used it with my Mark IV, it sounded good either way, out front or in the loop. Not better or worse just a different flavor, preferred it up front when playing clean to low gain but in the loop with anything that was driving hard.
But with the Axe Fx you have have both worlds, place it in the loop of the Axe Fx this way you can position it anywhere in the chain you want.
BTW as cool as the EVH Flanger is, why do you feel the need to get it? The Axe Fx Flanger not cutting it for you?
Like you I also have a Digitech Drop, man that pedal is not an effect, its a problem solver!
John

Hey John, Yea I had one too but it fell victim to the great gear sell off a few years ago when I switched to Axe-Fx. I'm getting into playing VH again after a period of disinterest. A lot of VH stuff in the media lately and Eddie playing as good or better than he ever has with great tone got me back into it. Even picked up an EVH B/W Striped Series. Just from doing some searching but not trying too hard myself, I was under the impression the Axe flanger didn't nail the sound of the EVH flanger. The Phaser in the Axe works fine for me for VH stuff though.

I never really tried to nail the sound of that particular flanger, but I do like the Axe Fx flanger.
Something to do for this coming weekend try to come as close as possible.
Maybe check around Axe-Change also, I bet someone has come close.

John

Have one, love it, but don't need it/have never used it with the Axe, been able to get as close as possible with the Fractal. I put it on my son's pedalboard (along with the EVH Phase 90 and a bunch of my other now redundant FX- yes, he's a spoiled, lucky young lad), he uses it instead of the meh flanger in his Peavey Vyper.

I have it and use with a Strat on Hear About it Later. For me the EVH sounds better for that and Unchained.

Back
Top Bottom