Anyone try the new Lynchback IR from Ownhammer?

stm113

Power User
Curious about this speaker, seems to be like a Greenback but also designed to take on some modern guitar tone work. Maybe equally adept at both?

I was one of the fortunate enough to win the Mesa ST 60/70 watt V30's cab a while ago, I dig it, a lot. I'm looking for a great compliment to this cab, maybe something more vintagey with a touch of modern, but to be more open and less "dense" sounding than Mesa cabs tend to sound.

The price point is awesome, but just curious of anyone else's take on it.

That's interesting, according to Celestion it's supposed capture the tone of Lynch's favorite Greenback/Fane combo. They also say that tone is subjective.

They are awesome . I converted the quick start folder and played the first IR with the HBE for about and hour

Kinda a cross between the V30 and a Greenback

Awesome! Any clips you want to share? How do you think they'd pair up with the V30 Mesa ST pack? What would you mostly use this for?

Last edited:
Bought it, but haven't had a chance. Been trying to work out lead parts for an acoustic song I have to record Thursday morning.

Can anyone compare this pack to the Bogner EVH expansion? I only wanna buy one pack right now and I am trying to decide between the Lynchback, EVH and the Marshall w/the H30 & M25.

Can anyone compare this pack to the Bogner EVH expansion? I only wanna buy one pack right now and I am trying to decide between the Lynchback, EVH and the Marshall w/the H30 & M25.

Different cabs so that's a big factor. I find all of the EVH impulses I've tried to be too bassy for the amp sims I like to use. Definitely needs to be paired with the right amp. This is in German but may help in terms of giving you a sense of sound (same cab and different speakers including the EVH and Lynchback).

Back
Top Bottom