Anyone Try The New Amp Models?

The quickrod sounds eons better then it did previously. Something is very different with it.

And I know I was the one that thought the first version nailed it well, but I ended up finding a deal on a quickrod I could not resist. Even though I did not like it on the Axe or when I initially tried it, I picked it up anyway.

After getting some time to dial in the real quickrod, I found I was not fond of the Axe FX version.

However with this new release, it really does the quickrod very well. I thought I read that what was in version 8 was just renamed to spawn q-rod 3 for version 9. But to me it sounds very different in version 9 and really nails the actual quickrod

Yesterday I kept switching between my actual quickrod and the Axe FX and man I am telling you they are very close now.

The nitro sounds incredible!

I can't wait to try the Splawn models.... I am a QR owner as well. Have a gig tomorrow and may try and upgrade soon because I am looking forward to these Splawn models and the Jubilee as well. Glad to hear these sound better!

OK, I finally had a chance to sit down with this thing since the update. I went right to the Jubilee. I'll tell you exactly what I just got done telling Cliff.

Im officially impressed, and happy as a lark. Cliff, you did good. I ran it through my SLA-2 and into my 2x12 Marshall with the Scumbacks. I spent about 5 minutes with it and got a tone better than what I did with the original head. I was able to tweak it more precisely. I ended up with Drive at 2, Bass 8, Mid 5.6, Treble 3, Presence 5, and Master at 4. That's not too far off from what I used to do. What surprised me is that I like the presence up. For some reason, this amp model is generally more musical no matter what you do with it, where as the real amp had a sweet spot, and I couldn't vary it as much. So, thank you sir. :)

I am not a real MArshall fan at all. But, The Silver Jubilee is now one of my favorite amps. Along with the Wrecker, Boogies and Dumble. Supro is killer also. Need to try all the other new ones

I am not a real MArshall fan at all. But, The Silver Jubilee is now one of my favorite amps. Along with the Wrecker, Boogies and Dumble. Supro is killer also. Need to try all the other new ones

The Jubilee's preamp was drastically different than other amps that Marshall has built. The controls were much more effective, and you can change the character of the amp dramatically with very small changes of the mid control. I think that even those who don't usually like Marshalls would dig the sound of a Jubilee.

Reactions: Fro
The Jubilee's preamp was drastically different than other amps that Marshall has built. The controls were much more effective, and you can change the character of the amp dramatically with very small changes of the mid control. I think that even those who don't usually like Marshalls would dig the sound of a Jubilee.

The Jubilee was the first Marshall I ever bought. I was always confused by other Marshall's that I played after that because the tone controls didn't seem to do as much. In fact, some of the amp models in the Axe Fx confused me early on because I expected more out of the tone controls. This model feels more like familiar territory to me.

Only the Suhr Badger 30. Blows me away! I use a slightly overdriven tone most of the time - this amp is voiced perfectly for what I do. I will try it worth more drive, etc., but haven't yet.

YES!

Just dialled in this amp for the first time today......Wow!

Blue steel was amazing. Latigra as well, and I hear Magnum(when he models that one) will beat them all. Actually I shouldn't even be talking about magnum.....it's no where near ready. He been working in that one for at least 10 years.

Reactions: BBN
Blue steel was amazing. Latigra as well, and I hear Magnum(when he models that one) will beat them all. Actually I shouldn't even be talking about magnum.....it's no where near ready. He been working in that one for at least 10 years.

The files are IN the COMPUTER?

I love Zoolander. That's how I picture how all models behave. And when my wife watches Top Model, my perceptions are usually confirmed.

I tried the jubilee yesterday for the first time. Have been dying to try one in person- so many if my favorite guitarists use it.

Really like the way it sounds- remarkably similiar to the HBE to me, which I also love.

It may just be placebo effect but Im liking the Ecstasy more in this FW than before. The feel of the amp seems quicker, more responsive where as before was really slow.

Back
Top Bottom