Anyone try a Kiesel Osiris guitar?

Wow. Fedex totally messed up with my guitar order. It's about 100km away from me (near cologne) and should have been delivered two days ago (I took a day off from work to receive my Order, but the delivery ETA was changed twice that day. 7:50-12am to "until 18 o'clock" to "until the end of the day".

So I opened a case on paypal (which usually takes about 10 days to be judged - which should be enough time to sort things out).
Fedex seems to send it back by today - customer service is complete useless on that company here in Germany...have been sending them mails, calling them and even trying their strange support-chat, which didn't help.
I never got a chance to see the LM7X nor play it.
If Kiesel can't make Fedex deliver it properly, I'm done with Kiesel.
After paying it full in December and waiting for three month right now.

Opening a case on paypal is NO chargeback. It's like "Hey, my guitar should have been arrived, but it hasn't. Please investigate so I either get my guitar or my money". But Kiesel takes it as chargeback and banns customers:

"However, because you did a chargeback there is little else we can do to speak with FedEx other than telling them to send the guitar back to us because you forced a return. When a customer does a chargeback they are automatically banned from purchasing any instruments from us so we would have preferred you let us try and speak with FedEx and sort this out before such drastic actions were taken."

At NO point Kiesel told me "if something went wrong, do nothing or you will be banned".

I can't see any 'drastic actions' when opening a case for an undelivered item on paypal. The whole Kiesel order gets a bad taste since two days. So probably if they can't deal with their delivery company, it might be best to start over with another custom guitar company.
If I get my money back, I'll order an Ormsby or Strandberg, which might fit my requirements as close as possible as the Kiesel might have done.
Worst delivery experience ever!

So before you order a Kiesel, be aware of this behavior. You can't do nothing, if your guitar doesn't arrive. If you do anything, you're banned.
So FedEx rerouted your package (something VERY common) and delayed delivery by a day or two, so you initiated a charge back on Kiesel, who made and shipped your guitar, and you're upset they banned you? I'm pretty sure any company in their right mind would do the same after your behavior, which borderlines on criminal.
And you're still talking to FedEx trying to arrange delivery? Tell me that's not right.

There was NO re-routing. They wanted me both, to have cash here for the customs and also bank transfer the money.
After they have not been able to sort things out during the last 10 days when I sent them the tracking id and asked them where to transfer the money.
Even now there seem to be two requeste from Fedex: cash AND banktransfer. Left hand doesn't know what the right hand does...

There is NO chargeback. It's just an open case on paypal.
Things that happen million times a day when orders do not arrive.

Fedex support was not helpful in sorting things out. So what would you have done? 'Oh, it' s just a few thousand bucks, I don't care'?

Since there was no progress for the last two days and Fedex forced me to do anything to not send it back, I HAD to do anything.
Of course I want to have my guitar.
And of yourse I also added the tracking id to the paypal case, so they can see what's going on.
So what's wrong with it?

It's totally on you, what you do. That's just my experience.

And of course I try to get it delivered properly. Why should I have ordered an expensive guitar month ago and paied it completly if I don't wanna receive it?

Last edited:
Especially since Kiesel banned me for Fedex mistake, this is the only chance I can get my guitar. So you'd sit down and relax?

I have an Osiris, in fact it's my second Osiris.
I particularly like Headless guitars for the look but also for their reduced weight.
This one is equipped with Alan Holdsworth Humbuckers which suit my taste. a little less powerful than the Lithium set offered by default.
Very satisfied with this guitar, reliable, very good playability.
Currently it's my number 2.
I play my Strandberg Boden a lot which for me has exceptional playability

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    238 KB · Views: 6
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 6
Especially since Kiesel banned me for Fedex mistake, this is the only chance I can get my guitar. So you'd sit down and relax?
No, but this isn't Kiesels issue, it's FedExs (which DO suck). By disputing the payment method for the guitar to Kiesel AFTER they've shipped it to you but it is still in route, you're essentially pulling a common scam where people do this exact thing in the hopes of receiving the order anyways after getting a refund because it's so far along the delivery process it just gets completed.

How late is this guitar?
Can FedEx locate it?

You're barking up the wrong tree.

No, but this isn't Kiesels issue, it's FedExs (which DO suck). By disputing the payment method for the guitar to Kiesel AFTER they've shipped it to you but it is still in route, you're essentially pulling a common scam where people do this exact thing in the hopes of receiving the order anyways after getting a refund because it's so far along the delivery process it just gets completed.

How late is this guitar?
Can FedEx locate it?

You're barking up the wrong tree.
Exactly. Kiesel has no way of knowing anyone's intentions and so have to set policies & parameters in place. Also, like it or not, shipping internationally is even riskier.

But that's why paypal has this timeframe to get things sorted. Probably it will work. Probably it will not. We'll see.

I don't blame Kiesel for things Fedex does. But Kiesel blames me for it.
I only told paypal by opening a case: It didn't arrive, I would like to have the product or the money..
If it'll arrive withing this paypal-time frame, everything is fine - but fedex (which was Kiesels choice) wasted time of my life.

There is no compensation for my time.
No compensation for all the feelings I've been throught during the last 48 hours.
No compensation for waiting 12h.
No compensation for the day off I needed to take for receiving the package.
And no compensation for the second day I need to take off from work for receiving the guitar.
No "dear customer, please don't worry, we (Fedex) will get things sorted".

So banning customers which are afraid of not getting their money nor the guitar isn't the right way.
Especially since I told Kiesel about the issue and they can see all the communication I had with fedex in the paypal case (yes, I took all the work to export all the mails to PDF files and attached them to the paypal-case). I like to be straightforward. I like open communication. So that's exactly what I did.
I've been scammed severl times, so I like to be prepared. That's why I screenshotted all the supoprt-chat communication with Fedex (before they suddenly closed the chat and everything was gone - so I proved well in screenshotting every few minutes). That's why I also added those screenshots to the paypal case.

I don't say Kiesel does produce bad instruments or something like that. But it's important every potential customer knows what's going on.

If I would have heared ealier about the ban for opening a case (again: which I didn't read anywhere!) I'd have been aware of it and I might have been waiting for some more days. But in this situation I will always recommend everybody to open a case. That's how paypal works!
So now everybody else can be aware of it and maybe wait for 3 more days before opening a case.

I've been scammed before where paypal just said "sorry, deadline's gone, we can't do anything".
So paypal trained me in opening a case if something went wrong.

Knowing this behavior (which I still dislike! still waiting for them to un-ban me and for an apology, since I communicate everything straightforward and did prove it's fedex' fault!) can be a hughe benefit for everybody out here ;)

And also Kiesel told me when opening the case:
"However, because you did a chargeback there is little else we can do to speak with FedEx other than telling them to send the guitar back to us because you forced a return."
Again: NO. I didn't force a return. I didn't force a chargeback. I just opened a paypal case.

Proper customer service would say "Sorry for all the trouble our logistic company causes, we'll do our best to solve everything and make Fedex NOT sending the guitar back to us. There will be no additional fee if they can't sort things out. We'll resend the guitar at no cost. So no need to worry."
But that's not what Kiesel did. And Fedex forced me to do something, since they got me a two-day-deadline after not answering mails properly for 11 days!

I tried to pay all the customs since 11th March. Now it's 22nd march - and Fedex still suxx.
So if Fedex would have done ANY proper customer support within the last 11 days, there would be absolutely no issue.
And 11 days is a loooong, long time! And it's not me choosing Fedex.

Anyone out there should be aware of this, when ordering a Kiesel!

@fcs101: "Exactly. Kiesel has no way of knowing anyone's intentions and so have to set policies & parameters in place. Also, like it or not, shipping internationally is even riskier."
Sure they do. They're in contact with me. Then know I would like to get the guitar I ordered. They have my phone number. They have my mailadress. Also they can see in the paypal-case. So absolutely NO reason to blame me!

I still hope everything will go fine. I'll keep you updated if it'll arrive and if Kiesel will appologize for banning me for Fedex missbehavior.

Last edited:
He was the kid in the Steve Vai video for The Audience is Listening... Aside from that, I've never heard anything of his.

He was also in a band called "Bad 4 Good" in the early 90's as a kid, which was a Vai project. He must have been like 8 or 9 years old or so. I'm basically the same age as him and at that time was just starting to learn basic chords, while he was playing on a Vai project...

He's also got a Guitar-Shred/Synthwave (Shredwave?) "band" called McRocklin and Hutch, which opened for Dragonforce on tour a few years back. Cool stuff if you like that sort of sound, which I guess I do.

First things first: Kiesel told me, I will be un-banned if the paypal case is closed.

Aaaaand fedex realky delivered my beauty 😍
My Kiesel LM7X finally arrived!

Paypal case is closed now.

Now I'll wait for an hour to acclimate it. I'm so excited how it sounds :)

Aaand it is so, so small! I'm glad it fits into my guitar stand xD

Back
Top Bottom