Anyone tried the Mission engineering Gemini 2 with the Axe Fx2?

Ant Music

Fractal Fanatic
I'm thinking of getting one but they are expensive. I'm keen to hear what people make of them?

IIRC, Cooper Carter did a demo on a Gemini , but might not have been the 2 ? Should be able to search forum and find it .

It seems they are not making the splash that the CLR made. I have twin CLR's that I love but the Gemini is supposed to give a more traditional guitar cab vibe. I also would love to know if that is true

I absolutely love mine. Very much worth it for me. It was the missing piece of the puzzle. My presets translate from Recording / Headphones to live very well. That was not the case with my CLR Active Wedge. The 2x12 cab is plenty loud and sounds just as awesome at very low levels. The cab is very heavy (apprx 70lbs I think) so if that is an issue be advised. Looks good, sounds good, worth a look for those who want a more traditional look/sound in an FRFR solution.

I absolutely love mine. Very much worth it for me. It was the missing piece of the puzzle. My presets translate from Recording / Headphones to live very well. That was not the case with my CLR Active Wedge. The 2x12 cab is plenty loud and sounds just as awesome at very low levels. The cab is very heavy (apprx 70lbs I think) so if that is an issue be advised. Looks good, sounds good, worth a look for those who want a more traditional look/sound in an FRFR solution.

Thanks for that mate. It's 28Kg which translates to 60 pounds. I guesse that would weigh even more in a road case so that might be an issue for flying. Hmmmm.... I definitely want it.

Side Issue:
Why imperial measurements America? Makes no sense...

Thanks for that mate. It's 28Kg which translates to 60 pounds. I guesse that would weigh even more in a road case so that might be an issue for flying. Hmmmm.... I definitely want it.

Side Issue:
Why imperial measurements America? Makes no sense...

Point well taken. I'll convert in the future...:D

I drove up to see the Mission Engineering guys in person a few weeks back and played the Gemini 2 for a few hours. I am on my phone now, so searching is a PITA, but search on my name and you can find the review I wrote up.

Short version: it's awesome, and backed by a ridiculously cool company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pulled the trigger on the Gemini 2 2x12 this week! And since I no longer live in the Bay Area, so, had to do what most of us do, buy it on blind faith. Let me tell you, this sucker is pretty heavy and built like a tank! Compared to my old Atomic 1x12, it feels much more solid, and rugged as one would expect for a $1500 cab. The good news for me, my band has a trailer which will be its permanent home while not gigging. I'll be investing in a travel case with casters very soon :)

first impressions (plugged in with no mods to my go-to live presets): very round sounding, and bass heavy, something I had to compensate for as the presets were built around the old Atomic, I guess. I must admit, I wan't blown away at first. Of course, this is not a fair assessment after a 20 minute first run. Frustrated and with some buyer's remorse, searched through for forum postings and of course, completely overlooked the Global EQ, which is something I'd never really used before. Well, a few minutes of strategic cuts to remove the boominess, and voila! With its coaxial design, wider sound dispersion than a standard cab, good stereo separation, in fact, better than expected.

First gig with the Gemini 2 today, will post first impression for live application.

Back
Top Bottom